"a black look"
an expression of anger, hatred or contempt
Related words and phrases:
A mother and daughter are talking ...
Daughter: This homework is stupid. I hate it!
Mother: That may be so but it doesn't matter what kind of black look you give me, you still have to do your homework.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you think Mr Evans liked his retirement party?
Colleague 2: He gave us such a black look that I would definitely say he did not like the gesture.
Colleague 1: He did seem quite angry.
There is no gerund form for a black look.
1) ... though he would occasionally risk a sotto voce oath, or a black look when his persecutor turned away.
2) The pure black look of evil in' Michael's' eyes was not that of a prophet ...
3) The landlord gave him a very black look indeed but desisted from commenting.
4) I give him a black look in the mirror, perhaps wave a finger, tsk tsk as he goes ...
5) ... what seemed like a thousand expectant faces turned to me with a black look, as if to say, " And who the hell are you, ...
6) ... slowly and embarrassedly walked towards us. I just gave them a black look and managed to find another seat.
7) The USA Today reporter to my left shot me a black look when I slowly eased in front of her for a better view.
8) The priest seemed to give me an extremely black look when I genuflected before Communion and stuck my tongue out.
9) Bresnan shoots him a black look. And no wonder - England have missed three chances this afternoon.
10) ... you will be shopping when a passer by makes a comment or gives you a black look because your child is crying.
11) I was like, the record pricing is a bit high, I got a black look and the person who asked if I needed help quickly scurried away.
12) I received a black look, followed by some lovely explicatives.
13) I tried to speak Czech to the waitress. She got annoyed, gave a black look and said, "I do speak English you know."
14) ... and introduced myself as a friendly overture. She gave me a black look, literally threw her head back and turned her back on me and walked ...
15) Imagine someone steps on your foot at the grocery store, then gives you a black look and says "get out of my way."
16) So my standard response is a black look and saying something like' would you want your sister/girlfriend/mother to hear that?
17) Only if someone's sat near him at the time, he'll throw a black look at them as he runs away, as if he's blaming them.
18) ... to me by leaving me alone," she said, giving him one last black look before stepping back into class.
19) She then gives me a black look and toots her horn, shaking her fist.
20) ... if we had reservations and replied no, her response was to give us a black look. I looked around and most of the tables were empty.