a person who flatters, especially someone in a position of authority, for self-serving motives, in a way that others find unpleasant
Related words and phrases:
Two coworkers are talking ...
Coworker 1: Look at Harry. He's always chasing around after the boss getting his coffee and doing whatever the boss wants. He's always complimenting the boss on his work even when the boss's work is awful.
Coworker 2: I know! Harry is such a brown-noser.
Two students are talking ...
A student: Yes, teacher. What a great idea teacher. You are so brilliant, teacher. Can I help you with those papers? I just love your class, teacher.
Student 1: Man, can you believe that girl?
Student 2: She is such a brown-noser.
Being a brown-noser rarely helps your work prospects.
1) Oh well, that's because she's a brown-noser; that's why she got that promotion.
2) Not to come across as a brown-noser, but this is one of your best ever posts! Everything you said is ...
3) ... your manager with petty questions that could make you appear to be either a brown-noser or inept, either of which would be a bad thing.
4) Promotion for what? I am not and never will be a brown-noser.
5) ... that is what's on my mind. Why accuse me of being a brown-noser? I don't see it.
6) The person is also usually a brown-noser, as they try to please whomever they meet.
7) ... but now I'd get tortured for being a brown-noser and then killed for being a rebel ...
8) I am absolutely not a brown-noser. I don't snitch and tattle. I'm not out to advance by ...
9) I myself work with a brown-noser AND she too is a snitch!
10) Ouroussoff is a disgusting brown-noser and a phony.
11) I wasn't a butt-kissing brown-noser like you, willing to prepetrate any crime including treason to collect a pension.
12) ... provide good services; but you do not want to develop a reputation as a brown-noser because that reputation will follow you.
13) How to deal with the company snitch/brown-noser ...
14) But there are definitely ways to get on your boss’s good side without getting a reputation as the office brown-noser.
15) The thing that’s really great about Oprah that you can’t take away from her is that she’s a great brown-noser.
17) The brown-noser's self esteem is so low that he has an obsessive, compulsive, uncontrollable urge to get a pat on the back from his superiors.
18) However, it is not the brown-noser who destroys with his lies but the reaction that meets his lies.
19) A brown-noser made a number of false accusations about a certain Manager's staff member.
20) The best thing one can do to any brown-noser is to stay very far away from them.