"a cold day in hell"
something will never happen or is highly unlikely to happen
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you got that report ready?
Colleague 2: Not quite. I just need to make a few adjustments.
Colleague 1: It is just a preliminary report. Why spend so much time on it? Just submit it already.
Colleague 2: It will be a cold day in hell before I ever submit a piece of work that is not my very best.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You keep lending money to Frank. Do you ever expect to be repaid?
Friend 2: I imagine the day Frank pays me back will be a cold day in hell.
Friend 1: So if you know that Frank will never pay you back, why do you keep lending him money?
Friend 2: Frank is my friend and he has helped me a lot in the past.
There is no gerund form for a cold day in hell.
1) But it will be a cold day in hell when the government considers reducing taxes.
2) It will be a cold day in hell before I root for the New York Giants to beat the Washington Redskins.
3) ... it will be a cold day in Hell before I love you.
4) I imagine it'll be a cold day in hell before a Republican Congress lets a Democratic lame-duck President name the successor to ...
5) ... and say it would be a cold day in hell before he would let something bad happen to vulnerable teenagers working in the ...
6) It will be a cold day in hell when I will sit and look at that man.
7) ... but it will be a cold day in hell before I purchase one of the vintage typewriters that you plug into your iPad.
8) After my Windows 8 experience it will be a cold day in hell before trust Microsoft or try anything they have to offer.
9) ... and it'd be a cold day in hell before you find Call of Duty standing next to the words "Free on PS ...
10) My first writing teacher told me it would be a cold day in hell if I ever won an NBR Award.
11) ... nutritionist and/or physician, it will be a cold day in hell before I put a slice of bread in my mouth.
12) "It will be a cold day in hell before Donald Trump removes one Latino from Harris County," he said.
13) Vegas now rules the Legislature and it will be a cold day in hell before we get a dollar up here.
14) It'll be a cold day in hell when I vote for a veteran-basher.
15) It will be a cold day in hell before Telkom offers to reimburse me for all my time, travelling, parking, data and phone costs, ...
16) As many people know, my opponent has taken the position that it would be a 'cold day in hell' before she granted a pardon or commutation.
17) It will be a cold day in hell before she gives up her relationship to Rob. Mama is not going down without a fight and she's determined to win.
18) It'll probably a cold day in hell before Apple supports Daydream, but for Android gamers, VR just took a big step forward.
19) So it's going to be a cold day in hell before I let either of them tell me what to do.
20) It will be a cold day in hell that I will ever give up a piece of my freedom of speech.