"a dirty look"
an expression of anger, hatred or contempt
Related words and phrases:
A mother and daughter are talking ...
Daughter: This homework is stupid. I hate it!
Mother: That may be so but it doesn't matter what kind of dirty look you give me, you still have to do your homework.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you think Mr Evans liked his retirement party?
Colleague 2: He gave us such a dirty look that I would definitely say he did not like the gesture.
Colleague 1: He did seem quite angry.
There is no gerund form for a dirty look.
1) ... though he would occasionally risk a sotto voce oath, or a dirty look when his persecutor turned away.
2) The pure dirty look of evil in' Michael's' eyes was not that of a prophet ...
3) The landlord gave him a very dirty look indeed but desisted from commenting.
4) I give him a dirty look in the mirror, perhaps wave a finger, tsk tsk as he goes ...
5) ... what seemed like a thousand expectant faces turned to me with a dirty look, as if to say, " And who the hell are you, ...
6) ... slowly and embarrassedly walked towards us. I just gave them a dirty look and managed to find another seat.
7) The USA Today reporter to my left shot me a dirty look when I slowly eased in front of her for a better view.
8) The priest seemed to give me an extremely dirty look when I genuflected before Communion and stuck my tongue out.
9) Bresnan shoots him a dirty look. And no wonder - England have missed three chances this afternoon.
10) ... you will be shopping when a passer by makes a comment or gives you a dirty look because your child is crying.
11) I was like, the record pricing is a bit high, I got a dirty look and the person who asked if I needed help quickly scurried away.
12) I received a dirty look, followed by some lovely explicatives.
13) I tried to speak Czech to the waitress. She got annoyed, gave a dirty look and said, "I do speak English you know."
14) ... and introduced myself as a friendly overture. She gave me a dirty look, literally threw her head back and turned her back on me and walked ...
15) Imagine someone steps on your foot at the grocery store, then gives you a dirty look and says "get out of my way."
16) So my standard response is a dirty look and saying something like' would you want your sister/girlfriend/mother to hear that?
17) Only if someone's sat near him at the time, he'll throw a dirty look at them as he runs away, as if he's blaming them.
18) ... to me by leaving me alone," she said, giving him one last dirty look before stepping back into class.
19) She then gives me a dirty look and toots her horn, shaking her fist.
20) ... if we had reservations and replied no, her response was to give us a dirty look. I looked around and most of the tables were empty.