a serious conversation between two people in which they talk honestly about their feelings
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I'm going to quit my job and go back to school.
Colleague 2: Wow. That's a sudden change. What brought this on?
Colleague 1: The boss and I had a heart-to-heart and he told me, honestly, that if I really wanted to advance in my career that it was just not going to be possible without a university degree.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How's everything going with your girlfriend?
Friend 2: You know, I'm really not so sure.
Friend 1: Why is that?
Friend 2: I'm not really into a serious relationship right now and it seems like she is.
Friend 1: Why don't you have a heart-to-heart conversation with her? That way, when you speak honestly and openly to each other, you will both know what is going on. It's far less likely that either of you will get hurt later in the relationship.
Having a heart-to-heart conversation with your teenage child could help ease tensions.
1) Then have a heart-to-heart talk in which you each listen carefully to the words and the emotions the other.
2) ... to have a heart-to-heart discussion about your unresolved anger, fear, guilt, and worry.
3) ... in this endeavor is critical and so this is a good time to have a heart-to-heart discussion.
4) It's rare in this neighbourhood for police to get the opportunity for a heart-to-heart with the people who live here.
5) Newman was angry with his performance in his last outing and volunteered to have a heart-to-heart talk with the coach a day afterward.
6) At the time, they had been having a heart-to-heart talk about reconciling.
7) ... be it small talk at the office party or a heart-to-heart with a loved one -- is like any skill, it needs practice.
8) As Norris investigates the suspects and their alibis, Jocelyn and Wendy have a heart-to-heart in which Jocelyn reveals she has found a type-written note by ...
9) If your child's getting terrible grades, you could try having a heart-to-heart with them to try to find out why.
10) When children have the ability to talk, parents can have a heart-to-heart talk with them to develop language ability.
11) Sentimentality rears its head when the pair reveal their inner torments during a heart-to-heart.
12) Sathya Sai Baba interacts with all people on a heart-to-heart basis. There are no intermediaries between himself and those who yearn for knowledge.
13) Prayer should be a lived experience, a heart-to-heart dialogue.
14) At my husband's step-maternal grandparents' house, our son was having a heart-to-heart with Pap Trout over a bowl of cereal one morning.
15) We sat and had a heart-to-heart, laying out all the options on the table.
16) So when he turned 18, his father sat him down for a heart-to-heart.
17) My husband and I -- in a heart-to-heart conversation during a trip to Mexico -- realized that both of us are happier when ...
18) Wait until they're sober and have a heart-to-heart with them about their behavior.
19) Consider sitting down and having a heart-to-heart talk with your mother-in-law. Pick your moment carefully.
20) Have a heart-to-heart with them and tell them your struggles, as well as your goals.