"a mile a minute"
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This opens up vast new areas for development. How very exciting. My mind is racing a mile a minute with amazing ideas.
Colleague 2: That's great but we need to slow down a little and be very methodical with how we exploit this new potential.
Colleague 1: OK. I will calm down and start putting my ideas on paper.
A mother and daughter are talking ...
Daughter: You'll never guess what happened at school. First, I won a prize for spelling. Then that cute boy I like asked to carry my books. Then a pigeon flew into the window. Then it was recess time. Then ...
Mother: Slow down please. You are talking a mile a minute and I can't understand you.
There is no gerund form for a mile a minute.
1) Maria was exploding with energy, talking a mile a minute in a way that was endlessly hilarious and interesting.
2) ... and my heart started beating a mile a minute.
3) If you are not that person who can wolf down food a mile a minute and miraculously, or irritatingly, never gain an ounce, ...
4) ... his fingers flying across the keyboard a mile a minute, ...
5) ... locker still processing all that had happened. "My mind's racing a mile a minute," he said at one point.
6) ... quirky but genuine, laid-back but you can still tell his mind is thinking a mile a minute.
7) ... but the series moves at a mile a minute with mock spiritual, faux existential wordplay that's simultaneously intelligent and ...
8) She's outgoing, chatters a mile a minute, and maybe sometimes shares too much information.
9) The youngster's legs moved a mile a minute as he toddled toward centre ice, ...
10) ... a more measured pace in its verses, still felt like it was moving a mile a minute when the chorus hit.
11) ... tore the ligament in his left knee this March, that he was pitching a mile a minute.
12) ... is another thing that people expect from literature majors, that we can read a mile a minute, which definitely isn't true for a lot of us.
13) ... hospice smoking room -- covered in nicotine patches and with the morphine pumps going a mile a minute, she was still gasping for a smoke ...
14) ... but it's a very complex musical and the words come flying at you a mile a minute.
15) ... phone jammed to my ear, fingers flying on the keyboard, mind whirling a mile a minute.
16) The world is moving a mile a minute and technology is moving faster.
17) ... open to publishing this kind of commentary, the ideas are coming to me a mile a minute.
18) He was talking a mile a minute and he had not slept for five days.
19) I was a huge fan of hers and my heart was beating a mile a minute.
20) They work best for those nights when you feel like your mind is going a mile a minute even through your body is dead tired.