"(to be) a slave driver"
someone who makes his / her employees work very hard for long hours
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What are you up to this weekend?
Colleague 2: Working again!
Colleague 1: That's the third weekend in a row that you have been working. Why don't you take some time off?
Colleague 2: I would like to but my boss is a slave driver. More, more, more. It never ends.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You are looking a little tired.
Friend 2: I am just so busy. My parents are determined that I will do well in life and so I have to take advanced studies at school. I also have to be on the yearbook committee and the school newspaper as well as playing on two sports teams. Oh, and they make me work part-time in the family business.
Friend 1: Your parents are slave drivers.
Being a slave driver, your boss has commanded you to work yet another Friday night.
1) Setting strong boundaries early on helps. Whether your boss is a slave driver or a micro-manager, if they know where they stand with you then it ...
2) Don't drive yourself. Don't be a slave driver or beat yourself with a whip and drive yourself in a nasty way.
3) I am not a slave driver, I expect to get a fair days' work from my employees.
4) No, you're the kind of twit who would label me a slave driver if I didn't pay my employees wages you deemed "fair".
5) Forcing someone to give up money makes you no better than a slave driver yourself.
6) Susan is a foul-mouthed termagant who lives for her career. She's a slave driver and is on a jihad to bolster sales and get the job done.
7) Economics is a slave driver. No one has free time; no one has any leisure.
8) He was a slave driver in a positive sense. He would make people work hard but bring out ...
9) ... mindless cretins masquerading as office mates and worse, a slave driver that also happens to be your boss.
10) I'm a hardworking executive who's known to be a bit of a slave driver.
11) Messianic and unwavering in their ideas. Exacting task master ("slave driver"). Can be cold and harsh in interactions with those who
12) I assure you, I'm not an old guard slave driver, and I do want my students and postdocs to be successful.
13) Three years into the marriage her supposed husband whom she describes as a slave driver died. # Instead of mourning him as custom and tradition demands, she ...
14) ... but instead we had sneaked away from slave driver Grandma and walked three kilometers to the river.
15) ... and it also shows me different methods so you don't have to be a slave driver for people to do things you can rap with them and gain their trust ...
16) It was the only day he had free from his oppressive slave driver boss and Ellen was determined to take him shopping on it.
17) They live at the mercy of gravity, which is always an inflexible slave driver, unmoving and unmoved by whim and fantasy.
18) A kind of slave driver... prodding or kicking them into obedience ...
19) People tell me I'm a slave driver. I know what I want. If a client wants something stupid ...
20) You should publish. Again already? You're an absolute slave driver! A tyrant! A human thumbscrew!