"a smart cookie"
someone who is intelligent and good at solving problems in difficult situations
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you seen Joe recently?
Friend 2: Not for a couple of years.
Friend 1: I ran into him the other day. He's working on his second PhD.
Friend 2: I always knew Joe was a smart cookie.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just received word that Joan's flight has been canceled. She's not coming today.
Colleague 2: We've got those huge investors coming in for Joan's presentation. What are we going to do?
Colleague 1: Joan's assistant Karen knows as much about the material as anyone. Let's get her up to speed and she can give the presentation.
Colleague 2: Excellent problem solving. You are one smart cookie.
Being a smart cookie, you solved the difficult problem.
1) I'm not a designer nor an engineer, but I'm sure some smart cookie could come up with a way for something like what I drew above to work.
2) Dale, you are a smart cookie, but you are playing the fool. Stop arguing, listen to your friends ...
3) ... to be honest, the simplicity of the clip just proves Gaga is one smart cookie, with some very smart people on her team.
4) ... Dalai Lama might be one incredibly smart cookie when it comes to most things in this world, but when it comes to ...
5) Well thank goodness I bought two. I know, I'm a smart cookie.
6) Wish I understood half as much you two. # Kaiser is one smart cookie. I like his prediction because it offers a logical path from where we are ...
7) I've always thought that one pretty much has to be a smart cookie in order to write good mysteries.
8) I mean you got into medical school, you're a smart cookie!
9) ... just a little MBA terminology for you to prove that I'm a smart cookie.
10) Luckily, our Queen is a smart cookie, she's the one who will lead the Royals through this unnecessary and silly ...
11) ... show the standard uses of it and also maybe some innovative stuff from some smart cookie sport trainers.
12) I like to pride myself on being a bit of a smart cookie, but sometimes it can take a shockingly long time for an obvious point to ...
13) I turn on TV to watch football, not listen to some smart cookie telling me how clever he is.
14) By any standards, Isaac Newton was a smart cookie. But he wasn't smart enough to avoid getting caught up in ...
15) ... fact that the data and tools already exists. All it takes is some smart cookie to put one and one together and get ...
16) My man's a smart cookie and was negotiating a reasonably substantial contract for a building project he was working on ...
17) You're a smart cookie -- I'm sure this will become one of your most commented posts.
18) Arno Penzias, a Nobel Prize winner in physics, is a smart cookie.
19) ... of a friend receiving her PhD in Electrical Engineering (yeah she's a smart cookie).
20) You'll get the MA work figured out. You're one smart cookie.