"(to be) a tall order"
something very difficult to do
Related words and phrases:
A boss and an employee are talking ...
Boss: Can you have those surveys processed by tomorrow?
Employee: That's a pretty tall order.
Boss: Why is that?
Employee: I can process about twenty surveys an hour and there are more than six hundred surveys.
Boss: I'll see about getting you some help.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Do you think global peace is possible in our lifetimes?
Friend 2: That's a tall order.
Friend 1: So you think peace is not possible?
Friend 2: I think it would be exceedingly difficult.
Being a tall order, the expectation of finishing the job by Monday was misguided.
1) Finding a planet with a similar history with a similar lack of primordial atmosphere will be a tall order.
2) That's a pretty tall order. In fact I don't think it's possible.
3) It's a tall order, creating a vulnerable predator.
4) Reviving a long-dead language might sound like a tall order for a church that's already weakened by widespread secularization and the fallout from ...
5) Simply expecting them to switch to Google Hangouts is a tall order.
6) Following the frenzy created by the first Air Jordan was a tall order.
7) ... how you will help them make more money and more profit. That's a tall order.
8) However it is a tall order to expect to win every year.
9) That's a very tall order and would be an extremely difficult task in any language.
10) Investing wisely in campus networks is a tall order, especially when the pace of technological change is accelerating and technological expertise is ...
11) ... people loving Metro as much as they do Apple's iOS. That's a tall order, given Microsoft's failure to woo mobile consumers in the past.
12) She realizes managing the motel for ten guests will be a tall order for someone her age but she never turns down a challenge and thrives on ...
13) For one thing, U.S. policy demands Cuba pay up front, a tall order for the cash-strapped government.
14) But convincing a majority of men to empower women was a tall order.
15) Newstat described a potential recall as a " tall order " that would probably be a yearlong effort costing $500,000, maybe more.
16) ... in 2009 to bring safe, affordable basic health services to all residents -- a tall order for a country containing 1.3 billion people.
17) Just sustaining it over a long period of time and meeting expectations would be a tall order I think.
18) Running 4 state-wide campaigns in 4 years seems like a tall order.
19) ... well being and the sustainability of the planet. That may seem like a tall order but thankfully I've discovered a food producer who shares my same desire for ...
20) Netflix has always been the leader in this, but it's a tall order to offer high quality captioning on such a broad range of devices.