"a weight off your shoulders"
to be relieved of a burden, usually a worry or concern, that has been troubling you for some time
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: How does it feel to finally graduate?
Student 2: I wasn't sure that I was going to. I didn't work as hard as I should have and graduation depended on getting at least marks of 90% on all my exams.
Student 1: You must feel extremely relieved to have graduated.
Student 2: It is a huge weight off my shoulders.
A husband and wife have just finished paying off the mortgage on their house ...
Husband: Well, how does it feel?
Wife: It was a long hard road full or worry and anxiety.
Husband: It sure is a relief to finally be free of our mortgage.
Wife: A huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders.
Lifting a weight off your shoulders can be a huge relief.
1) The Holden agreement has lifted a bit of a weight off our shoulders as we head into the season opener at Adelaide.
2) I enjoyed the rest of my time immensely! Such a weight off my shoulders. When I returned, within a week I had a secured a new role.
3) I can guarantee you will feel a weight off your shoulders.
4) You have a clean slate now, like you've perhaps taken a weight off your shoulders?
5) It was such a weight off my shoulders. I am going back on Monday and Tuesday to go through some admin stuff.
6) That was the easy way out, but if you think there's a weight off my shoulders now, there's not. Instead now I am burdened by guilt
7) Being debt-free sooner is a rewarding experience and lifts a weight off your shoulders. It allows you to begin planning the rest of your life.
8) Typing all of this out is more of a weight off my shoulders more than anything honestly.
9) The medication has helped to stop me from having full on panic attacks which definitely takes a weight off my shoulders. I don't know why my fear of death has become obsessional
10) Since I've been receiving the extra help, it's been a weight off my shoulders.
11) For him just being on the pitch is like a weight off his shoulders and he'll get more and more relaxed.
12) It was almost more of a weight off my shoulders than passing the viva!
13) I'd taken a weight off my shoulders. And I just knew I was never, ever going to go back.
14) I was upset about it for a long time, but surprisingly felt a weight off my shoulders, and within weeks regained my self-respect, confidence and made new plans for the future.
15) Just hearing that from a doctor was like a weight off my shoulders.
16) It takes a weight off your shoulders, because you no longer have to carry the scene by yourself.
17) It takes a weight off my shoulders and stops all the crazy thoughts running through my mind.
18) I guess it seems like a weight off my shoulders, because I've been playing a lot better than I've ever played before.
19) Her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder took a weight off her shoulders, especially because people acknowledged she needed help.
20) This is such a weight off my shoulders. I think I am now going to go sleep for 12 hours.