"a word to the wise"
one word is sufficient to convey an entire meaning because the receiver is wise enough to understand the entire meaning from only one word
Related words and phrases:
A professor is meeting with a student ...
Student: I seem to be having a lot of trouble in your course.
Professor: It's not an easy course.
Student: What can I do?
Professor: A word to the wise: study more.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: It seems that whenever I change the oil in my car, the fresh oil seems contaminated.
Friend 2: Are you sure you are draining all the old oil out?
Friend 1: I think so.
Friend 2: A word to the wise. It's a good idea to run the engine for a couple of minutes before you start.
Friend 1: Thanks.
There is no gerund form of a word to the wise.
1) ... waste from a project to save you money on dumping. A word to the wise - DONT! Burning anything other than dry firewood can be very risky ...
2) Word to the wise: Hair is something you should ALWAYS take seriously. It's your hair.
3) ... on a world tour, James delivers a phenominal performance live. Word to the wise: Don't miss it! Highly recommended.
4) I thought her intention was quite clear. She was giving a word to the wise; a little tip to the socially naive on unwelcome behaviour.
5) Just a word to the wise here, guys. Don't do that.
6) Word to the wise: The white cover is a lot like white socks; it gets dirty easily.
7) One word to the wise on internships is this: make sure you have time for all of the duties ...
8) A word to the wise - TRUST NO ONE when a parent with wealth passes away.
9) I deem it unnecessary to say much more at present. A word to the wise is sufficient.
10) Prepare and watch. Let a word to the wise be sufficient. Always expect the worse case scenario and prepare accordingly.
11) Word to the wise: don't hot glue until you are SURE it's working properly!
12) Word to the wise. Keep wearing your orthotics and never ever go barefoot, even if it's ...
13) Everyone goes to the Grand Canyon and Yosemite, But, word to the wise, don't forget Alaska.
14) A word to the wise, though. Bean Bag Cafe has very limited seating ...
15) Word to the wise, stay away.
16) So the word to the wise is tread with extreme care, what are your motivations?
17) Word to the wise: don't just limit yourself to the west coast.
18) The drive up was slow but uneventful. A word to the wise at this point - avoid British motorway services at all costs!
19) A word to the wise - transport in this city is by car. People don't walk, so ...
20) A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need all the advice.