"(to be) able-bodied"
not physically disabled;
strong and healthy
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I hear you are moving this weekend.
Friend 2: Yes. I found a great new apartment.
Friend 1: Do you need some help with moving.
Friend 2: That would be great.
Friend 1: I will round up all our able-bodied friends and recruit them for the move.
Friend 2: Thanks. I will supply the beer and pizza.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I hear you're gearing up the factory to increase production by fifty percent.
Colleague 2: Sales have been great. The challenge with increasing production is finding workers.
Colleague 1: What are the job requirements?
Colleague 2: The job is fairly easy as far as mental capacity is concerned but it is a rather difficult physical environment.
Colleague 1: So you need people who are able-bodied and ready to work.
Being able-bodied, I volunteered to do the heavy lifting.
1) This equips students with the skills they need to be comfortable with their able-bodied peers and to succeed in a variety of environments.
2) ... for in reality 50 per cent., perhaps, of the able-bodied are called up for training.
3) It was not a problem. inconvenient, yes. But any able-bodied, responsible adult can handle the situation, and we did.
4) In 1941 America went to war -- a vast mobilization that employed every able-bodied adult American, and put money in their pockets.
5) Originally, the militia was organized as the entire able-bodied male citizenry between eighteen and forty-five years of age, self-equipped, and required to ...
6) There were great paying jobs and every able-bodied young man I knew got their butts up there to work.
7) I liked what I was doing, so as long as I was able-bodied and they wanted me around, I figured I'd stay.
8) However, that welfare system should include requirements that able-bodied people transition to work.
9) At age 10, he and his buddies were recruited to fill in while the able-bodied men of Danville were off fighting to save the world.
10) Through the establishment of industrial standards we propose to secure to the able-bodied immigrant and to his native fellow workers a larger share of American opportunity.
11) Ninety percent of my tenants were able-bodied women with children who simply chose welfare instead of work.
12) They were young, probably in their early twenties, he thought, and able-bodied, with large black assault rifles and matching rucksacks that sagged from the weight of ...
13) I went from being able-bodied in one month to having a significant disability that took two years of medication and ...
14) In other words, young and able-bodied people can still be prevented from killing themselves because their lives have objective worth.
15) According to Milam, able-bodied adults and working families accept assistance for much shorter periods of time.
16) The able-bodied prisoners are employed on the roads and other public works, and attend upon the ...
17) We also helped our able-bodied teenagers get min. wage jobs to help out.
18) The proper test for being "able-bodied" must involve meeting certain standards that are independent of age, such as skill ...
19) Able-bodied people sometimes use elevators, but able-bodied people don't use access buttons.
20) I remind all able-bodied persons in my household to wash their freaking dishes right after they are done using ...