"all the marbles"
all the winnings, spoils, rewards or power
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just know if we do what the boss is telling us to do that we are going to have twice as much work down the road.
Colleague 2: Do you have a better plan?
Colleague 1: Yes. The same plan I have been advocating for the past two weeks. The boss simply will not listen.
Colleague 2: Well, the boss has all the marbles in this situation so you really have no choice but to do as he says.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I heard your daughter's basketball team made the playoffs?
Friend 2: Not only did they make the playoffs, they are playing in game seven of the final series. The winners will take home the league trophy and be reigning champions for the next year.
Friend 1: That will be an exciting game with both teams playing for all the marbles.
There is no gerund form for all the marbles.
1) All the marbles are on the table tomorrow and we're going to come at them with everything.
2) ... go for all the marbles with their war's concluding game at 7 p.m. today at the ...
3) Miramichi has assembled a team to take all the marbles. They're built for this season, without a rookie in the lineup.
4) It may be the last time we see them playing for all the marbles.
5) ... a tricky proposition when the guy facing you across the table believes all the marbles belong to him.
6) This one's for all the marbles, so everything we've got, we're going to throw it at them.
7) ... you can't be hurting. It's for all the marbles in the world, it's all about the last 80 minutes.
8) This is everything. This is all the marbles for Uber.
9) ... going to be electric in the building for the opportunity to grab all the marbles. Everybody here wants that.
10) ... to force a seventh and deciding contest for all the marbles against the ...
11) ... are back with a chance to dance for all the marbles.
12) ... confident that we have guys and myself that, when it matters for all the marbles, guys will show up.
13) ... volleyball wars closes its curtains but not after the expected do-or-die wars for all the marbles.
14) ... and his advisers are playing for all the marbles. His opponents had better learn to keep up.
15) One game remains, and it's going to be for all the marbles. Game 7 - the most exciting words in basketball.
16) Atwals went for all the marbles when they bypassed the Detour entirely in favour of the high-risk, high-reward ...
17) You can grab all the marbles if you want, but in the long term, it is always better to ...
18) But when the chips are down and all the marbles are on the line, can they muster the same magic that propelled their ...
19) ... for a party which commits to repeal bylaw P-6. This is for all the marbles folks, our right to freedom of expression is not negotiable.
20) No pressure, but this one's for all the marbles, better get a strike.