physically awkward especially with your hands
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't get the paper loaded in this photocopier. I have never really been good with skills that require manual dexterity.
Colleague 2: All thumbs, are you?
Colleague 1: I'm afraid so. Could you help me, please?
Colleague 2: Sure. No problem.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your tennis match last night?
Friend 2: I think I am about to give up. I've always been all thumbs.
Friend 1: Finding it hard to master the game?
Friend 2: Very.
There is no gerund form for all thumbs.
1) Even with the ready assistance of several grafting instructors, I was all thumbs, barely keeping the knife in my hand and fearing I'd carve the ...
2) "That first time felt like I was all thumbs,” O'Connor says. Overtime, she learned how to manipulate and stretch the paper, saturating it with rice ...
3) As a handyman, I'm pretty much all thumbs. I can't build a deck, rewire the house or fix the sink.
4) This is a perfect opportunity for quilters, knitters, crocheters, and cash carriers (if you're all thumbs like us) since the group welcomes new and ...
5) Sometimes you're all thumbs when ball handling and the shots don't fall.
6) Initially all thumbs and left feet, the group is just getting to grips with the basics when they are asked to take part in a charity gala.
7) Perhaps that's because when it comes to tacking things up I am all thumbs.
8) You can't be all thumbs and do my job," Neuhaus said in a 2006 profile of the longtime proprietor of Arnold Neuhaus Player Pianos.
9) Brilliant students in the seminar room may be all thumbs in the lab or art studio.
10) I can't do that! He was all thumbs on the computer. They'd never had a proper one before Granpa arrived, ...
11) ... was all thumbs as she tried to give the principal the right diploma to hand to the right ...
12) I think I tried this before but was all thumbs.
13) All thumbs at wrapping? Check out the Camelot for Children booth at the Outlets at Sands Bethlehem where they will be wrapping 2 to 7 p.m. ...
14) ... with slow hands at the plate and all thumbs in the field.
15) That wasn't the only fun moment: In the movie, De Niro's character is all thumbs about technology.
16) Mike Evans was all thumbs and dropped more passes then anyone else in the last 10 years.
17) Eventually casting Jeb Bush as just all thumbs when it came to running for president.
18) Cue the inevitable diaper-changing scene where we learn that Grandpa is all thumbs. Bet you can't wait for him to take the baby's temperature!
19) Bill Cubit's athletes were all thumbs and stumbles Saturday as this veteran squad inhaled an all-too-familiar dose of football disappointment.
20) I was all thumbs at sewing when I joined, and I wanted to build on the slender experience gained when I was 10 years old and in 4-H.