"an old flame"
a person who you had a romantic relationship with in the past and usually still think of fondly
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You look a little stunned. Who was that on the phone?
Friend 2: It was an old flame. He wants to get together for coffee.
Friend 1: I am not sure that is a good idea. You just started seeing Steve and you said you really like him. What if your old feelings come back?
Friend 2: I can handle it. It's just coffee after all.
Friend 1: Well, be careful.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing Friday night?
Friend 2: I am going out with Cindy.
Friend 1: Isn't she an old flame?
Friend 2: She was but since we reconnected, we have fallen in love again. Imagine? After all these years.
There is no gerund form for an old flame.
1) ... star pined for another love of his as he explained he was missing an old flame but not his ex-fiance Kim, ...
2) ... and now I hate it the way I can only hate an old flame.
3) ... attracting a new lover, or perhaps your desire is to reunite with an old flame, ...
4) Bea, asked if there's a chance at rekindling an old flame.
5) ... who were overwhelmingly women. Most had been assaulted by a boyfriend, an old flame, or someone they had met at a club.
6) ... reconnecting with an old flame she hadn't seen in 25 years.
7) But rekindling an old flame was reportedly not the hijacker's only motivation ...
8) Marsh reveals she's desperate for Steve and Michelle to stay together as an old flame threatens their marriage.
9) ... but she still has her heart hung up on an old flame, ...
10) ... when he discovers he has a son to an old flame, and sees him inventing all sorts of lies to hide this news from his ...
11) Meanwhile, in a sub-plot Finch bumps into an old flame, and she's won over by the drugged version of him.
12) ... who finds herself dealing with an old flame that may threaten their budding romance.
13) ... driver was not like a Harry Chapin song, where you pick up an old flame and fondly reminisce as you drive.
14) ... he smokes, broods, gazes out of the window, and phones an old flame to arrange a reunion that doesn't go well.
15) ... uses his time back home to visit an old flame who still harbors deep feelings for him.
16) If married, there is no flame like an old flame to keep you warm. If lonely, think carefully about letting an ex-sweetheart back ...
17) It is a song about running into an old flame who confesses, " I still care " and then, tentatively, asks, ...
18) Sparks flew and an old flame was re-ignited after ...
19) ... bounces dizzily between his loving wife, a general's widow and an old flame who is newly married.
20) Blocker, which alerts three friends the night when you try to contact an old flame. If you ignore their warnings, it shames you on Facebook.