"as a matter of fact"
in addition to what has been said;
in reference to what has been said
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I am starved. I did not have time to eat breakfast this morning. I can't wait for lunchtime.
Colleague 2: As a matter of fact, it is two minutes after twelve now.
Colleague 1: Great. Lunchtime. Let's go.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I really don't want to go shopping but the cupboards are looking a little bare so I suppose I must go.
Friend 2: I am going to the grocery store, as a matter of fact, right now. Would you like me to pick up a few things for you?
Friend 1: Thank you. That would be great. I'll just make a list.
There is no gerund form for as a matter of fact.
1) But he's not a mean person at all. As a matter of fact he felt really bad about what he did.
2) Now, I am not a giant fan of the word police. As a matter of fact, I prefer out-dated words, with a soft and caring heart, ...
3) I am a programmer, I have zero design skills, as a matter of fact, I for the most part outright refuse to open Photoshop.
4) We're continuing to see growth as a matter of fact; we are seeing some acceleration in the growth at this point.
5) ... but anyway, as I say, he's dead. Murdered, as a matter of fact.
6) Marketing is a vital part of your business. As a matter of fact, marketing your services is something I teach my clients to do more and more.
7) ... recall Christianity having a higher position in the hierarchy of religions. As a matter of fact my father considered Christianity to be a backslide.
8) ... doing the exercise routine since May and haven't lost any weight -- as a matter of fact I've gained 10 pounds.
9) I just happened to have an open night. As a matter of fact, I'll be in Georgia tomorrow.
10) Never trust your brain. As a matter of fact, avoid using it at all costs.
11) These are completely natural feelings and experiences for any man. As a matter of fact, these situations are ones that I went through over and over again.
12) The more you rely on coercion and extrinsic inducements, as a matter of fact, the less interest students are likely to have in whatever they were ...
13) ... there's one major problem with the story: it never happened. As a matter of fact, Chevrolet did reasonably well with the Nova in Latin America.
14) ... be solved by throwing indebted liquidity at it. As a matter of fact, the additional debt simply exacerbates the problem - significantly!
15) I am not lazy. I work. As a matter of fact I have 2 additional part time jobs on top of my full time ...
16) ... dominance in mobile gaming and Facebook is completely absent from those initiatives. As a matter of fact, in mobile gaming, Facebook is getting slaughtered.
17) As a matter of fact, you don't have to exercise at all to lose weight.
18) As a matter of fact, the program I was using, has not been updated since 2005.
19) ... is what's devastating, but being wrong often feels pretty good. As a matter of fact, it often feels identical to being right.
20) You stated it as a matter of fact, not of opinion. However, it is very much your opinion.