"to ask for trouble"
to behave in a way that is likely to incur problems or difficulties
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: When is the last time you backed up your work?
Colleague 2: Never. My computer is reliable.
Colleague 1: You are asking for trouble. Perhaps you are confident with your computer but what if it were ever stolen or damaged. Hundreds of hours of work would be lost.
Colleague 2: I suppose you are right. I'll make a backup right now.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Are you serious? Your wife doesn't know that you play poker with the boys every Wednesday night?
Friend 2: Nope. She thinks I work late on Wednesdays.
Friend 1: And don't you think you are just asking for trouble? Your wife is bound to find out eventually. The other wives will talk.
Friend 2: I guess that lying to my wife is not a good thing. She would be more upset about the lie than about me playing poker.
Asking for trouble, he approached the thugs who were skulking in a dark alley.
1) Those who ignore these important ratios are asking for trouble - ask any decent athletic coach about the importance of mineral balance in his athletes ...
2) But beyond that, such agreements are just asking for trouble, and I can't afford the lawyer power that a company can.
3) Recommending users to enter their passwords into third party sites is asking for trouble, desensitizing users to the problems of phishing.
4) If you are just a single platform single language dev you are asking for trouble. The high paid devs can have almost any task thrown at them and deliver ...
5) leaving something like the Buick on a New York street all day was asking for trouble. I put a large sign saying "Trunk and glove compartment are EMPTY".
6) ... you start fiddling with a centuries-old system like this, you're just asking for trouble.
7) Activists should learn that protesting is only asking for trouble.
8) If you put tight restrictions on your lease, you are just asking for trouble. People are going to leave no matter what you have to say about it.
9) You're just asking for trouble when you try to come up with a listing of the "Best" of ...
10) ... wouldn't use a bubble jet specifically because using water-soluble ink just seems like asking for trouble. I looked into lamination, but I had several problems with what I ...
11) Waiting that long to change the filter is asking for trouble, especially if you drive on gravel or dirt roads, ...
12) ... taking a job that you're unsure of is asking for trouble.
13) Do not procrastinate. Leaving until later what could be done today is asking for trouble and crammed results.
14) You're asking for trouble if you try to decide what to do without understanding how to do it.
15) Anyone using a connector to physically support their phone is just asking for trouble!
16) ... an employer who hires a manager that can not confirm to expectations is asking for trouble afterwards.
17) ... drive a manual car if he didn't know how? They're asking for trouble if someone's car gets smashed up or someone gets run over and killed!
18) Trying to run in through closing doors is asking for trouble; so is climbing up into an elevator car, ...
19) ... libraries built using one version of VS with applications that use another is asking for trouble.
20) ... that depends on search engine marketing and not a repeat business is asking for trouble.