"(to be) at fault"
responsible for a mistake, trouble, or failure;
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking ...
Wife: You're the one at fault here.
Husband: Why am I at fault?
Wife: Did you pay the electricity bill like I told you to?
Husband: I forgot.
Wife: Then you are to blame for the house not having any electricity.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: That's a lot of damage. I sure hope insurance covers the repairs.
Friend 2: In this case, only half the cost. I caused the accident, therefore, insurance only covers half.
Friend 1: You were at fault?
Friend 2: Yes, I was talking on my cell phone.
Being at fault, the driver was ordered to pay ten thousand dollars in damages.
1) ... an accident. The train drivers charged that government negligence and poor maintenance were at fault.
2) Mike ended up to be the one at fault since he was the one that got fired.
3) Sometimes other external factors like really bad weather are at fault for a poor turn out, ...
4) Nobody likes to be called a loser. And nobody likes to be at fault.
5) ... the Kenyan team watched video of the incident and agreed its runner was at fault.
6) ... he was absolved of all blame for the disaster, some think he was at fault.
7) If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad might be at fault. This is not common.
8) This, however, does not show the system to be at fault, but merely that human perversity can abuse it.
9) ... though the cellular carriers may be most at fault, they will escape the class actions under their mandatory arbitration provisions ...
10) I know there are obviously times when truck drivers are at fault, but I agree that people are too quick to blame them.
11) ... supporters of one side or the other make claims about the other side being at fault.
12) There may be reasons, such as who is at fault in the break-up of the marriage, to divide the property 60/40 or some other ...
13) ... the hacker, there is nothing you can really do. GMail is not at fault, as you know they are still in beta.
14) Since Google is at least indirectly if not directly involved or at fault for this theft, I suggest you contact them and see what if anything they ...
15) ... there is another more liberal use of the phrase to claim that humans are at fault for the world getting warmer.
16) The only person at fault, the only person who is to blame, is Josh.
17) The only way Disney would be at fault is if they agreed that royalties would be paid and then went back on that.
18) Are they justified in thinking themselves at fault? How do they cope with their own feelings of culpability?
19) The person who plagiarizes is the one at fault.
20) ... they are at fault for things too, and should be answerable to these.