"at the end of your rope"
out of energy or patience;
exhausted or exasperated
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We have been working eighty hours a week for months now. I am so very tired and ready to quit.
Colleague 2: Sounds like you are at the end of your rope.
Colleague 1: I can't even think straight any more.
Colleague 2: Let's take this weekend off to recover and regain our energy.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Harold has been fighting the medical system for months now.
Friend 2: Being ill and having to fight the bureaucracy must be exasperating.
Friend 1: Harold is at the end of his rope. He simply does not know what to do anymore. He is ready to just give up.
Being at the end of his rope, the man finally started to yell and scream in exasperation.
1) ... he's in a very dark place, an assassin at the end of his rope. Finch gives him a reason to live, a new purpose.
2) He's at the end of his rope and lets Jake know he can't do this anymore.
3) ... not wait until the kids is absolutely at the end of his rope before you decide to "make things right".
4) ... a broke, frustrated artist who feels like he's at the end of his rope yet still yearning for a chance to make his mark on the world.
5) Thomas, on the other hand, was at the end of his rope. His health was suffering. He was desperate to resign.
6) They are at the end of their rope, perhaps experiencing the worst scenario of their lives: They need a wheelchair.
7) At the end of their rope and having "tried everything", the Abbotsford couple decided to give the surgery ...
8) They were at the end of their rope trying to get her help and decided to force her to get it.
9) Many say they're stressed and feel at the end of their rope.
10) Someone who might feel like they are at the end of their rope need only listen to this album to find hope and the strength to carry on.
11) Physically, mentally, emotionally, I was at the end of my rope last year and I was scared.
12) ... and I was at the end of my rope and didn't know what else to do.
13) No answers. No nothing. I'm at the end of my rope. What's left. Suicide?
14) As a single mother, I was at the end of my rope. Worse, my doctor told me hysterectomy was my only option.
15) Once, when I was dangling at the end of my rope, I insisted he go to the doctor for a hearing test.
16) His wife Suganthi is at the end of her rope when he pawns her jewelry to pay for ...
17) ... was at the end of her rope when she went into a health food store in 2008 searching for something to soothe ...
18) ... once again proves herself to be at the end of her rope in her sincere sadness at having lost her fortune, husband and now possibly her ...
19) ... because she's a miserable woman, just a woman at the end of her rope.
20) ... turned herself in because "she said she was at the end of her rope, she was tired of running."