an alternative option that is ready should the primary option not work
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I'm in big trouble. I just discovered that the video isn't going to work for my presentation.
Colleague 2: Use your Plan B.
Colleague 1: Unfortunately I didn't make any other plan and now the presentation is in an hour.
Colleague 2: Sorry to hear that but without a back-up plan, you are going to have to think of something quickly, like a series of still images perhaps.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Bill and Trudy's wedding sure was a disaster, wasn't it?
Friend 2: It was a beautiful outdoor wedding until it started to rain.
Friend 1: And all the guests had nowhere to go. They just hopped in their cars and went home.
Friend 2: It's really sad that there hadn't been a back-up plan, maybe some tents or something.
There is no gerund form for back-up plan.
1) Always have a back-up plan. No matter how well prepared you are for your computer-integrated lessons, unanticipated ...
2) Your back-up plan should include provisions for making even the most minor of adjustments ...
3) Children should have a family code word and an emergency back-up plan. The plan should not hinge on a cell phone contact though it can ...
4) ... your course and find yourself in a semester that you HATE... you need a back-up plan so you don't go spiraling out of control.
5) ... to do if you didn't sell the house right away? What was your back-up plan??? Had you ever thought about just renting it out?
6) The finance ministry on Monday indicated that the government was preparing a back-up plan in case of failure of monsoon as it has already impacted crop sowing in ...
7) Going back to your former position may not be an option. Have a back-up plan in place and be prepared to start a new job search.
8) Andy, who's going to run out of ammo? The knives are a back-up plan.
9) I say go for it, but make a back-up plan because you never know where life will take you!
10) If it doesn't work out you should have a back-up plan ready to implement.
11) ... point that it could rainfall on your wedding day. Be practical where you can back-up plan just in case it down pours.
12) The toughest thing about being a mom is knowing there is no back-up plan.
13) ... in remission for years. Even if it comes back, you often have a back-up plan that can cure them the second time around ...
14) ... son or daughter to aim for their goals, but help them work out a back-up plan and consider alternative courses or occupations they might also enjoy.
15) If you are really reluctant, go, be fabulous and have a back-up plan to escape the moment coffee is served. Even if that Plan B is ...
16) Have a back-up plan in case you wifi or computer goes down. Is there an internet cafe ...
17) Parents, especially if single, need a back-up plan to protect their earnings. Contract workers and the self-employed need to ensure their ...
18) I had no back-up plan because I was so sure my Plan A would work out.
19) This way, if your negotiations fail, you still have a back-up plan to bargain with.
20) ... stuff, so I'd also like to be a builder. That's my back-up plan. I want to go to college, to study sports.