"to bang your own drum"
to brag or boast about your accomplishments or achievements
Related words and phrases:
Johnny's bedroom had been a disaster until he decided to grab the bull by the horns and clean it up. There had been clothes and dirty dishes and papers everywhere. Now, Johnny's room is spic and span. It is clean as a whistle. Everything is organized. Johnny is feeling quite proud of himself for doing such a good job when his mother comes to his room. Johnny's mother's eyes open wide with astonishment. Johnny says...
"Not to bang my own drum but I sure did a good job in here."
Gary is an athlete. He is good looking with a fine physical form. He competes in iron man competitions. He has a great job and makes a lot of money. Unfortunately, Gary is not shy to boast about his life and looks and accomplishments.
"Gary likes to bang his own drum."
Banging your own drum can give the idea that you are arrogant.
1) I bang my own drum when I feel proud of my performance.
2) You bang your own drum when you wish to draw attention to yourself.
3) He bangs his own drum when he finishes a difficult task.
4) She bangs her own drum because she is arrogant.
5) The government bangs its own drum when it passes new legislation.
6) We bang our own drums because we like to brag.
7) You (all) bang your own drums when you (all) win the competitions.
8) They bang their own drums as a way to advertise their products.
9) He is willing to add to his narrative without he himself having to bang his own drum as it were.
10) Rick Renard is not one to bang his own drum.
11) They seem to think fancy graphics are everything and constantly bang their own drum.
12) We're not very comfortable blowing our own trumpet, banging our own drum or telling the world or even each other that we're good at what we do.
13) Not banging my own drum here but after 20 years in the industry you learn to pick your battles.
14) Have you banged your own drum many times in the past?
15) Has he been banging his own drum for five years?
16) Did the government bang its own drum yesterday?
17) Was she banging her own drum when she talked to her teacher about her successful homework?
18) We were not banging our own drums when we won the game.
19) You (all) were banging your own drums until the boss fired you (all).
20) I was banging my own drum when disaster struck.