"to bat a thousand"
to have a perfect record
Related words and phrases:
The teacher is congratulating the student on her perfect attendance this semester. The student has been on time and has attended every class for the entire semester. The teacher tells the student...
"You have batted a thousand this semester. Well done!"
Bill is having a great day selling used cars. For the entire day, every customer that has come on to the lot has bought a car. Near the end of the day, a friend stops by to visit Bill. The friend asks Bill how sales are going. Bill replies...
"So far, I am batting a thousand!"
Batting a thousand can give you a great sense of achievement.
1) I bat a thousand when I have perfect attendance.
2) You bat a thousand when each activity that you perform is successful.
3) He bats a thousand when he secures every potential sale.
4) She bats a thousand if every one of her students passes the exam.
5) The new system bats a thousand on each trial.
6) We bat a thousand when we make a hit every time we are at bat.
7) You (all) bat a thousand if you (all) arrive on time for work every day.
8) They bat a thousand if they get a seat on the subway every morning.
9) They've come pretty close to batting a thousand.
10) It's the crime-control world's equivalent to batting a thousand, at least regarding violent crime.
11) I'm batting a thousand lately for wines I just want to sit back and enjoy sniffing.
12) Batting a thousand? Do you care to provide the real statistics?
13) No one bats a thousand, even the most savvy traders still make occasional errors.
14) Nobody bats a thousand.
15) It isn't enough to bat a thousand in IBM. You must also make no errors.
16) Is the new system batting a thousand every time?
17) Have you been batting a thousand all week?
18) Was he batting a thousand when the customer walked out?
19) Had the new system been batting a thousand all day until the power failed?
20) Will you be batting a thousand during the next sales competition?