"to have bats in the belfry"
to be crazy and/or eccentric
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Do you suppose that Matthew has been under far too much pressure lately?
Colleague 2: He has been acting a little crazy lately.
Colleague 1: A little crazy. He's got bats in the belfry!
Two cousins are talking ...
Cousin 1: Are you going to the family reunion next week?
Cousin 2: I am planning to go, yes. Why?
Cousin 1: Watch out for Aunt Edna. She has bats in the belfry.
Cousin 2: Why do you say that?
Cousin 1: She has taken to licking the cream out of the cat's dish.
Cousin 2: Thanks for the warning.
Having bats in the belfry, no one was concerned when the old professor started wearing underwear to class.
1) It's one of those movies to remind you how much you love your family — even if they behave like they have bats in the belfry.
2) ... and Matthew Stuecken) is sophisticated enough to allow room for moments of quiet reflection in between all the bats-in-the-belfry crazy.
3) Since at least 1901, bats in the belfry has been a term for craziness, and you can also be batty or just bats.
4) Contrary to my better judgment (bats in the belfry might be a better assessment of my state of mind), ...
5) ... Donald” or “The Great I Am.” I've not lost my marbles, nor do I have bats in the belfry, nor am I nutty as a fruitcake; I have not gone full poodle.
6) She is totally bats in the belfry, but then that describes Liberals anyway. Only Liberals would want to "Coexist" with a Nuclear Iran, Peace ...
7) It has a bats-in-the-belfry identity twist similar to "Psycho" and a strong-chinned, put-upon hero on the run in Ben Affleck, who's jerked around by ...
8) There were people who thought that Italian priest and scientist Lazzaro Spallanzani had bats in the belfry.
9) ... let's unearth a vampiric video play list of the 13 wildest, weirdest, most bats-in-the-belfry bizarre Dracula films to ever rise from the grave.
10) The perfect combination of beauty, brains, and bats-in-the-belfry crazy, her interplay with Vincent D'Onofrio's Detective Goren made her a fan ...
11) Can bats in the belfry crazy Bill Romanowski even spell flabbergasted?
12) More than just scary, it's arrestingly odd, with a bats-in-the-belfry 3-a.m. loneliness that you plug into like a private dream.
13) ... hanging out with the bats in the belfry. It's possible the craziness of this episode was so potent, it somehow created another episode of the show to air before it, ...
14) Any parent that forbids their child to venture outside alone has to have bats in the belfry.
15) However, there have been a few occasions when I've encountered someone completely and utterly bonkers. Mad as a hatter, bats in the belfry, ...
16) This dude has bats in the belfry, and if there was a dead bird inside his slipper, I`m guessing he put it there himself.
17) Didn't you think he had bats in the belfry when he started wearing his wife's clothes?
18) The comedian was just plain bats-in-the-belfry crazy.
19) Watch out for the lady in 7D. She's got bats in the belfry.
20) If I had seen what he saw in the war, I'd have bats in the belfry, too.