"to beat your own drum"
to brag or boast about your accomplishments or achievements
Johnny's bedroom had been a disaster until he decided to grab the bull by the horns and clean it up. There had been clothes and dirty dishes and papers everywhere. Now, Johnny's room is spic and span. It is clean as a whistle. Everything is organized. Johnny is feeling quite proud of himself for doing such a good job when his mother comes to his room. Johnny's mother's eyes open wide with astonishment. Johnny says...
"Not to beat my own drum but I sure did a good job in here."
Gary is an athlete. He is good looking with a fine physical form. He competes in iron man competitions. He has a great job and makes a lot of money. Unfortunately, Gary is not shy to boast about his life and looks and accomplishments.
"Gary likes to beat his own drum."
Beating your own drum can give the idea that you are arrogant.
1) I beat my own drum when I feel proud of my performance.
2) You beat your own drum when you wish to draw attention to yourself.
3) He beats his own drum when he finishes a difficult task.
4) She beats her own drum because she is arrogant.
5) The store beats its own drum when it has a big sale.
6) We beat our own drums because we like to brag.
7) You (all) beat your own drums when you (all) win the competitions.
8) They beat their own drums as a way to advertise their products.
9) Petraeus was always a joke. A disaster of a man who beat his own drum and I guess that scores points in Washington even if the guy has basically lost.
10) Rather than beating your own drum, you need to feature what other people think about your service.
11) Here's to beating our own drum and dancing a merry tune!
12) Sounds like I'm beating my own drum here.
13) This is nothing but the DA beating its own drum through a supporter disguising as a columnist.
14) Do not beat your own drum by coming up with sentences like -- "We are the best".
15) They don't beat their own drum, but year-in and year-out -- they've been fantastic.
16) Apple had an opportunity to beat its own drum around the A6 SoC's next-generation technology. Instead, it punted.
17) Have we been beating our own drums ever since we won the last game?
18) Have you (all) been beating your own drums since you (all) passed the exam?
19) Was the police department beating its own drum during yesterday's press conference?
20) Will you beat your own drum next week when you finish that big project?