"to bend over backwards"
to do everything possible to help or please someone
Paul is a very nice man. He loves to help his friends. Whenever any of his friends are in trouble or need help, Paul is always there to help. Paul will work day and night and do whatever is necessary to help his friends. One time, when one of Paul's friends was in jail, Paul sold his car to have enough money to get his friend out of jail. You could say that Paul ...
bends over backwards to help his friends.
Helen is a successful woman. One of the reasons for her success is that she works very hard. Helen will stay late at work whenever her boss asks her to. She will take work home over the weekend. Helen will do whatever it takes to be good at her job. When Helen was fired, it was a big shock to everyone because ...
Helen always bent over backwards at work.
Bending over backwards to help someone can be considered a very nice thing to do.
1) I bend over backwards to help my friends.
2) You bend over backwards if your children need you.
3) You bend over backwards if your children need you.
4) She bends over backwards at work but never receives a promotion.
5) The school board bends over backwards to accommodate the PTA.
6) We bend over backwards to make the visiting team feel comfortable.
7) You (all) bend over backwards to provide a healthy meal for your children.
8) They bend over backwards to make your hotel stay as comfortable as possible.
9) The implications for US grand-strategy are therefore clear. It should not bend over backward to maintain the military gap with rising Great powers.
10) Asian men won't need to scream and shout to get noticed and bend over backward to get ahead.
11) Genuine appreciation will get them to bend over backward to please. Pride is their weakest point.
12) They bend over backward to sneak laws through in Washington with no public discussion.
13) Be mindful of your tone. Bend over backward to make sure that things don't get lost in translation in your writing.
14) Be independent. You must be courteous, but do not bend over backward to please others.
15) Librarians will sometimes bend over backward for an employee they know over an unknown applicant.
16) Major hotel brands are bending over backward to cater to the needs of the world's most sought-after traveler.
17) The big three makers have been bending over backward to show that their boxes aren't just dumb game players but connected everything-machines.
18) Sue Bilbie absolutely bent over backward to make our stay in her beautiful home one never to forget.
19) He bent over backward not to respond in an aggressive way.
20) Society bends over backward to be accommodating to religious sensibilities but not to other kinds of sensibilities.