"(to be) beside yourself with"
to be in an extreme state of some emotion
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well? Did you get into Stanford? I know how very much you wanted to.
Friend 2: I just received their acceptance letter yesterday.
Friend 1: You must be beside yourself with happiness?
Friend 2: I am extremely happy and relieved.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Where is Bernice today?
Colleague 2: She took a couple of days of bereavement leave.
Colleague 1: Oh no! What happened?
Colleague 2: Her son was involved in a fatal car accident.
Colleague 1: Oh, poor Bernice. She must be beside herself with grief.
Colleague 2: I am not sure how she will be able to recover from such a tragedy.
Being beside yourself with fear before a public appearance is fairly normal.
1) ... butterflies in my stomach unwrapping the parcel but when I opened the box I was beside myself with excitement - they were so beautiful.
2) ... but I was simply beside myself with excitement about the numbers of students who professed a genuine interest in being ...
3) Being my first ever interaction with elephants, I was beside myself with excitement, it was more than I ever expected on day 1.
4) David was beside himself with joy over the prospect of becoming a father.
5) ... they balk and bristle, get knotted up, and finally he drops them, beside himself with rage.
6) Then he suddenly sprang up, and, beside himself with rage, he interrupted the terrified Egyptian and railed at him furiously.
7) I jumped and danced, and was beside myself with joy.
8) ... event, and asked if one of my children would accompany me, I was beside myself with joy.
9) Even Violet, who is usually ultra girly, was beside herself with excitement.
10) She is beside herself with excitement as she has just landed a huge American reality TV show.
11) Vastolla, seeing such a transformation clasped him in her arms and was almost beside herself with joy. Then they were married and lived happily for years.
12) When my Goan friend came to stay, she came back from the market beside herself with joy, and a large bag of sapotes.
13) Thelma must have been beside herself with joy when she received her diploma.
14) I took Ian and Hayden away because Ian was just beside himself with grief - he didn't know what to do.
15) His girl Renata then dies tragically in her sleep and Hesh is beside himself with grief and forgets all about Tony and his money.
16) ... whether the child is my husband or the other man's. I am beside myself with worry and feel as if I am going to go mad.
17) I am just so scared of losing him, I am beside myself with worry.
18) I am beside myself with worry, can't sleep and don't know which way to turn.
19) The bus driver was almost beside himself with fury. After several more expletives, the driver calmed himself and said ...
20) I'm beside myself with glee. I'm the happiest man in the world.