"to bet your boots"
to be so sure of the outcome that you are willing to risk everything
Related words and phrases:
Two students are talking about an upcoming final exam ...
Student 1: Are you worried about the exam?
Student 2: Not at all. I've studied really hard for the exam and I'm totally prepared.
Student 1: Aren't you worried that this professor always has the most difficult exams?
Student 2: No! I'm willing to bet my boots that I'll get an excellent grade.
Student 1: You're pretty sure of yourself.
Student 2: Yes, I am!
Two friends are talking about the weather forecast ...
Friend 1: Do you think it will rain during tomorrow's baseball game?
Friend 2: It always rains for the Teacher-Student exhibition game.
Friend 1: Have you checked the forecast?
Friend 2: The forecast says that a system is moving in and that rain is very likely.
Friend 1: If you are willing to bet your boots on it raining tomorrow, then let's buy one hundred umbrellas and make some money.
Friend 2: Absolutely!
Betting your boots could be considered a huge risk.
1) I would bet my boots that people are making money from social media already.
2) I would bet my boots that this little get rich quick scheme will fizzle as fast as every other one.
3) If history is a guide (and it is), then you can bet your boots that monetary inflation ALWAYS results in price inflation down the road.
4) And I wouldn't bet my boots on Jefferson or Andy Jackson, either.
5) Israel particularly and the rest of the world would be crazy to bet their boots that Iran's nukes would not be used against them.
6) I support putting some government research money into it. But let's not bet our boots on it!
7) The USAF and US Marine Corps have pretty much bet their boots on the F-35A and F-35B respectively.
8) I wouldn't bet my boots on this one but I think it is certainly worth watching.
9) In an election year, you can bet your boots that no one running will risk incurring the wrath of the NRA.
10) That said, you can bet your boots that personal pride is a huge factor in the AFL.
11) Now, instead they bet their boots and in a few years we will all be sharecroppers.
12) If renewables can help, that's great, but I wouldn't bet my boots based on the evidence so far.
13) Will the GOP rise to the occasion, or bet their boots on carbon, and ask our grandkids to deal with the mess?
14) You can bet your boots that it will make and break candidates during this election cycle.
15) I'd bet my boots that they absolutely played a part in this, also.
16) Well, you can certainly tell which folks bet their boots on Flash and built their business around it.
17) What I am saying is that I'll bet my boots that those with stronger degrees of introversion will score higher in quasi-autistic tendencies.
18) At the same time, I sure wouldn't bet my boots against your position.
19) A half-century or so ago Louisville, like so many American cities, bet their boots on cars and suburbia.
20) Nothing will change at a regulatory level, on that you can bet your boots.