"to bite the dust"
1) to die;
2) to break, fail or give out
Related words and phrases:
Two cousins are chatting over coffee ...
Cousin 1: How are you? How's life? I haven't seen you in a couple of years.
Cousin 2: I'm doing OK. I guess you didn't hear about Grandma Jean?
Cousin 1: No. What happened?
Cousin 2: She bit the dust last year.
Cousin 1: I'm sorry to hear that.
Two friends are catching up ...
Friend 1: How have you been doing?
Friend 2: Pretty good. And you?
Friend 1: Same.
Friend 2: How is your old muscle car running?
Friend 1: Oh, it has bit the dust.
Friend 2: What happened?
Friend 1: I was racing it last year and the engine blew.
Biting the dust means that you are dying.
Biting the dust means that your washing machine is failing.
1) Divorce granted. Another till-death-do-us-part commitment bites the dust.
2) ... have to do is pull the trigger and, poof, your victim bites the dust.
3) ... and another soldier bites the dust. How many people's lives have to be destroyed, ...
4) ... a shame to see Penney's going under. Guess another store bites the dust.
5) ... pilot sets up for a good gun firing pass and another target drone bites the dust.
6) ... likely that civilization - and maybe even humanity - is likely to bite the dust within this century due in large part to their lack of action in some areas ...
7) ... what will replace the current system. Will free-to-air commercial channels bite the dust? Will they be replaced by a solely pay-TV model?
8) The Falcons, the last undefeated team, bite the dust, the defending Super Bowl champion Giants get hammered and one of this year's ...
9) ... all four of my C64s. My last working one decided to partially bite the dust right before the game arrived.
10) The T-Max P3200 is the latest Kodak film to bite the dust following the discontinuation of the Kodak Professional Ektachrome E100G, ...
11) ... Tony, the first guy to bite the dust, and Rachel, the religion-nut killed by Nathan in the first series finale.
12) ... the replacements are colorful and become new favorites while some older favorites might bite the dust.
13) When you fool with lust, you bite the dust from the guns of Johnny Rondo. # Sixteen tried and sixteen died at ...
14) It's past time for these one-sided media to bite the dust and start over with truthful and unbiased reporting and commentary.
15) ... but over the next year there will be more companies that bite the dust as the industry deals with oversupply.
16) ... but if the sales decrease then employees have to bite the dust.
17) Like many retailers, KB Toys could very well bite the dust.
18) I lost tons of articles and articles-in-progress several years ago when OUR Mac bit the dust.
19) Ever since my old Fossil watch totally bit the dust, I've not had a basic, everyday watch that I'm OK with ...
20) Not shocking that the hero's girlfriend bit the dust, more the manner in which she bit said dust - summarily executed by a ...