"to bite the hand that feeds you"
to act badly towards the person or organization who is helping or has helped you
Related words and phrases:
Two volunteers are talking ...
Volunteer 1: We're going to have to change our program delivery strategy.
Volunteer 2: Why is that?
Volunteer 1: Our prime funder has changed its funding policies and we have to comply.
Volunteer 2: But our programs are extremely effective exactly as they are. I think I am going to write a complaint letter to our funders.
Volunteer 1: Are you sure you want to bite the hand that feeds us?
Two students are talking in a college classroom ...
Student 1: Professor, I've got a real problem with you not teaching material that you then put on exams. It simply is not fair.
Student 2: Shh! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Student 1: What have I got to lose?
Student 2: Well, the professor is the person who gives you your grades. Don't you think that if you upset him by criticizing his teaching methods that your grades will decrease?
Student 1: Good point.
Biting the hand that feeds you is not a good idea if you want more help in the future.
1) ... ombudsman positions are on hospital payrolls and as such will never bite the hand that feeds them.
2) It is an organisation unprepared to bite the hand that feeds it. # Yet, there are those ready to speak up, including Roberts ...
3) ... challenging the government. This was because you don't bite the hand that feeds you. # I left the sector as I started to realise that many of ...
4) Keep it shallow, don't bite the hand that feeds. No wonder we have no idea what is going on until it happens right ...
5) ... , air travel and distant holidays and are understandably reluctant to bite the hand that feeds them. So it remains a secret.
6) ... future prospects. After all it does not make sense to bite the hand that feeds you.
7) ... Minister and it would be rare for a politician to 'bite the hand that feeds him'.
8) I suppose it was partly the natural human instinct to bite the hand that feeds you, and partly real grievances.
9) ... and she can't very well criticize or bite the hand that feeds her.
10) Alternately, if they wish to bite the hand that feeds them, disrespect and undercut the interests of the United States, ...
11) ... upon the government for their basic needs are not going to bite the hand that feeds them and vote for anyone else then Obama.
12) While most know better to bite the hand that feeds them, it seems that the creators are as dissatisfied as the fans.
13) Most media are reluctant to bite the hand that feeds them by spending $2 billion annually on advertising and promotion.
14) Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If those people leave, who is going to pay for YOU.
15) ... strategic sponsors surrounding newscasts represent big business. You don't bite the hand that feeds.
16) ... doesn't have government contracts and he is not about to bite the hand that feeds him.
17) Otherwise why would a journalist bite the hand that feeds them? Journalists are dependent on the athletes for their stories after all.
18) I don't see Congress about to bite the hand that feeds them. It will take enormous public pressure.
19) Never bite the hand that feeds you or insult the people who protect and take care of you.
20) ... they criticize him. They ignore the age-old advice not to bite the hand that feeds them.