"bits and bobs"
miscellaneous small matters (as of business) to be attended to;
miscellaneous items, fragments and remnants
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you almost ready to head out for the day?
Colleague 2: I've just got a few bits and bobs to take care of before leaving.
Colleague 1: How long will you be?
Colleague 2: Ten or fifteen minutes. There are just a couple of quick things I need to do, nothing major.
Colleague 1: OK. I'll wait for you.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: When are you going to clean up all those bits and bobs of lumber left over from building the deck?
Husband: Those pieces of wood may look like scrap to you but to me they could still be used to build other small items.
Wife: That's fine. I wasn't suggesting that you throw them away but tidying up all the cut-off bits of lumber would be good.
There is no gerund form for bits and bobs.
1) ... don't have the funds for a new playground, get local organizations to donate bits and bobs and have kids from the neighborhood build their own temporary adventure playground.
2) ... is an excellent guideline in keeping my house from overflowing with impulse buys, and bits and bobs that don't fit anywhere.
3) It had been the home for an old fridge, with bits and bobs resting on top, and a stack of cartons.
4) This place has so much cute stuff! Lots of vintage housewares and bits and bobs. Some pieces of furniture. All very reasonable priced compared to the ...
5) Almost every rule implemented, almost all due to climate, safety or similar bits and bobs, costs extra in some form.
6) I had to go to a lingerie shop to buy the bits and bobs that will go under my maid of honor dress on Saturday.
7) ... postponing all work that was of much importance but doing little bits and bobs of writing, trifles that would help me pass away the time.
8) As it turned out, he was a genius with his hands. Patching together bits and bobs from his house, he could build anything from scratch.
9) In addition to the 12 issues above, here are a few other bits and bobs that couldn't be placed with any specific quote.
10) ... 500 GB external hard drive for files, music, and photos and other assorted bits and bobs like programs.
11) Side pockets are great places to store cards you don't use often and other bits and bobs.
12) I buy paper, stickers and other bits and bobs for making card and other projects.
13) This is where one may use your compendium of interest in bits and bobs to enliven a conversation.
14) If you're going away to college, no doubt you are looking for bits and bobs like toasters and microwaves.
15) ... only added one person to our family, we now have a gazillion little bits and bobs that we need to take with us whenever we leave the house.
16) This patchwork was made of all sorts of bits and bobs -- pretty bits of silk and velvet; ...
17) A thousand bits and bobs of knowledge come crashing about my head like hailstones.
18) ... as in my garage, they are filled with an assortment of bits and bobs. With the original contents removed, their emptiness becomes a catchall for ...
19) You have a drawer to arrange your bits and bobs. You also have a big wardrobe for your clothes.
20) While previous career retrospectives have focussed on Brooks's films, this collection assembles bits and bobs from around the margins of his career, ranging from classic interviews with ...