"to blow a fuse"
to become very angry to the point of losing control
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you kidding? You really don't have that data collated for the boss's presentation? He presents in an hour. When he finds out that you did not do your part, he is going to blow a fuse.
Colleague 2: Do you think so? You think he will be a little upset?
Colleague 1: Upset? He is going to be livid. I am sure that he will be so angry that he will fire you.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Why are you blowing a fuse?
Friend 2: I am so very terribly upset and angry with Microsoft. Their new operating system, Windows 10, reboots without warning. I am right in the middle of working and, with no notice, my computer just restarts. I lose all my work. And there is no way to stop this process. I am so very angry. I want to smash my computer.
Blowing a fuse at work is not an acceptable form of anger management.
1) I need to deal with my head clutter otherwise I'm going to blow a fuse!
2) The service clock watching fans would blow a fuse if TDA acquired a few months of extra service.
3) ... fill me with contempt for my fellow-westerners. This is why I blow a fuse whenever I hear lefties banging on about 'relative poverty'.
4) It's obvious you're about to blow a fuse since I can see the steam coming from your ears already.
5) Don't blow a fuse upon seeing a negative review -- you may decide in the heat of the moment ...
6) If you blow a fuse, you get very angry.
7) ... might hear things that will make your blood boil BUT you must not blow a fuse.
8) ... His weak spot is his psychological state. He is known to blow a fuse from time to time.
9) ... shy away from the horror label. I've seen some authors blow a fuse when someone has dared to call them a "horror author."
10) Don't blow a fuse people. Chillax and stop being played like fiddles by these media goons.
11) I feel like I have finally exceeded my stress limits and am about blow a fuse.
12) ... will make the news tonight, was so unhinged I thought he'd blow a fuse.
13) ... seeing a lot more insane brutal crimes lately or the world finally blew a fuse and people are eating each other in the street and other demented crimes like this.
14) When they learned about it, the Kuwaitis blew a fuse and wanted him out of there.
15) ... but we do know that Dobson blew a fuse and spent several hours in the custody of Homburg law enforcement officers.
16) I nearly blew a fuse at their ridiculous, smug entitlement issues until that was thankfully quelled.
17) Even Residents Against Aboriginals chairman Barry Neall has blown a fuse, finding out that security contracts have been given to a Townsville company.
18) I freely admit I rambled on here about as I had blown a fuse and was simply venting not trying to describe a job for someone to do.
19) Seems like you might have blown a fuse. You might want to calm down before you stroke out.
20) ... plenty of hatred there for the hated conservatives, they'd have blown a fuse had I told them I supported Ronald Reagan.