renowned, excellent or of the best of a particular group or category
Related words and phrases:
a prize for first place in a contest
Related words and phrases:
A teacher and student are talking ...
Teacher: What's this?
Student: It is an apple for the very best teacher ever. You are so kind and patient with all of us.
Teacher: Thank you.
Student: The whole class has decided to call you our blue-ribbon teacher.
A farmer and his wife are talking ...
Wife: Did you talk to young Albert yet?
Husband: No. Why?
Wife: He brought home a blue ribbon for the best goat at the state fair.
Husband: That's great. He sure spent a lot of time caring for that goat. I'm glad he won first prize.
There is no gerund form for blue ribbon.
1) There have been many attempts in the past and hundreds of studies, blue ribbon panels and commissions that have recommended ways of improving the system.
2) Deserves a blue ribbon... Katz does a terrific job of examining ...
3) The meal's blue ribbon goes to hash browns cooked with clarified butter. Each potato cake is thick enough ...
4) Yesterday, members of the Governor's Blue Ribbon Task Force on Tax Reform heard from a team of consultants that Kentucky must change ...
5) Sorry, going to a workshop in France and winning a blue ribbon in the photography division at the local fair does not make you an award winning ...
6) This year, seven principals of 2012 National Blue Ribbon Schools have earned this distinction.
7) The blue ribbon identifies how many Favorite Points a cache has received.
8) I've set my sights on a blue ribbon at the 2013 Kentucky State Fair.
9) ... looking like some judge had just put a blue ribbon on him for most weight gain at a 4H livestock contest.
10) ... absolute most fantastic post I've ever read. Ever. First place. Blue Ribbon. Thank you so much for making my day.
11) ... where each young girl, upon her graduation, wore a blue ribbon as an emblem of her culinary accomplishment and expertise.
12) ... among the city's most coveted, with high test scores and a national blue ribbon for academic achievement.
13) ... you're going back for the fifth time with hopes of taking home a blue ribbon.
14) ... then I guess your cake wouldn't win a blue ribbon because it violated the smidgen rule.
15) Some of them were qualified enough to get a cushy job at a Blue Ribbon school.
16) In fact, it really irritates me when coverage of a blue-ribbon event like the 5k track race is cut short in order to show an ...
17) If you have a credit score of 800 or more, you are a blue-ribbon borrower and anybody will lend you money at the best rates.
18) With the help of a blue-ribbon expert panel of judges, Canada Post will select the best entrants and announce the ...
19) How often do you have a pair of such blue-ribbon scientific establishments assuring us that everything is fine?
20) Famous for its blue-ribbon eels, this beautiful dive site abounds in small sharks and shoals of fusiliers, ...