"to boot up your computer"
to activate your computer by turning the power on
Related words and phrases:
Have you seen the latest news about the hurricane in Japan? Is your computer turned on? No?
Well, boot up your computer and go to www.idioms4you.com!
Martha is a hardworking woman. She arrives at the office thirty minutes early every day. Her routine is the same every day. First she puts away her coat and briefcase, then she makes the coffee for the office, then ...
she boots up her computer.
Booting up your computer means that you are preparing to use your computer by turning on the power to the computer.
1) I boot up my computer first thing every morning.
2) You boot up your computer only to check your e-mail.
3) He boots up his computer to play video games.
4) She boots up her computer so she can chat online.
5) The computer company boots up its computers when it first goes online.
6) We boot up our computers when we arrive at work.
7) You (all) boot up your computers when it is time to work.
8) They boot up their computers when they want to download movies.
9) You hate the time it takes to boot up your computer so much that you never turn it off.
10) Open your laptop, boot up your computer or go to your local library and find the facts you need.
11) I work from home so I get up out of bed around 8:30am, boot up the computer and start in on some work to get my brain started.
12) Configure these applications so that they don't start when you boot up the computer.
13) You'll have to boot up the computer before you can start work.
14) I want a standalone player, something I can just switch on without having to boot up the computer every time I want to listen to music.
15) The second time I try to boot up the computer freezes during boot up and hangs.
16) I moved residence but upon trying to boot up my computer, the hard drive crashed with a high pitched whine.
17) I don't need to boot up my computer for an email, but I can send him a quick text.
18) I don't want to enter a password every time I boot up my computer.
19) I don't know how many times I have booted up my computer over the past couple of weeks.
20) I booted up my computer again, and strangely everything started working again.