"to be broke"
to have no money
Related words and phrases:
Bruce and Victor are talking about the next improvement they want to make to their race car. The two young men have been working on their car for over a year ...
Bruce: The car needs a new muffler.
Victor: Yes, the old one is full of holes.
Bruce: Do you want to go to the parts store and buy one after school?
Victor: That would be good but I have no money.
Bruce: Me neither. I'm flat broke.
Ned and his poker buddies are playing their usual Friday night poker game at Ned's house ...
Buddy: The bet's to you, Ned.
Ned: Ya, I'm thinking about it.
Buddy: Well, put your money on the table or fold.
Ned: The problem is that I've run out of money. I'm broke. I guess I'll have to fold.
Because Ned has no money, he must fold his cards and stop playing.
Being broke means that you can not buy that new pair of shoes.
1) I am broke when I have no money in the bank.
2) You are broke when you have no money.
3) He is broke because he spent all his money.
4) She is broke until next payday.
5) The government is broke.
6) We are broke because we used all our money to pay the bills.
7) You (all) are broke when you are penniless.
8) They are broke because they gambled all their money away.
9) They have been broke in the past but have always recovered.
10) You will be flat broke after all the bills are paid.
11) I will have been flat broke all week by the time payday comes.
12) I am not always going to be broke and want to start investing my money in gear I can use 10years from now.
13) Try not to be broke. Do don't have to bring a lot of cash with you.
14) How much debt does one have to be in to be broke, I wonder?
15) Still stealing internet, still going to be broke for a while. Until the 16th of November in fact.
16) She may or may not be very rich, but he is exceedingly unlikely to be broke.
17) They can not claim to be broke when they increased the recurrent expenditure of the 2012 budget by another $92 billion.
18) They can not claim to be broke when in the whole budget is about their salaries and allowances.
19) It doesn't take long for one to be broke if income stops.
20) When I'm an aunty I'm going to be broke.