"(to be) burned out"
lacking enthusiasm due to overexposure or too much of the same thing;
completely used up;
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Why aren't you playing your video game? I thought you loved it?
Colleague 2: It's an awesome game, for sure, but after playing it non-stop for a week, I was getting a little burned out.
Colleague 1: Got tired of the same thing over and over?
Colleague 2: Ya. Too much of a good thing. Time to take a break.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Hey! Wake up! I can't believe you fell asleep at your desk.
Colleague 2: We've been pounding away on this project night and day for weeks. I guess I am getting a little tired.
Colleague 1: I would say more than a little tired. If you are not careful, you will become burned out and be no use to anyone.
Being burned out from overwork, she decided to take a couple of days off work.
1) ... in my 35th year of teaching. I have gotten to the point of being burned out, but I sought help and now have more energy than I know what ...
2) However after graduating I was so burned out on required reading that it was almost two years before I picked up a book.
3) Distance yourself from negativity. If you're burned out on campaign talk, feel free to step out of the breakroom, unsubscribe ...
4) By the middle of the decade, Robertson, especially, was burned out and wanted to get off the road.
5) ... he's struggling for motivation right now, and it sure sounds like he's burned out and in dire need of a break.
6) ... found himself staring down a seven-game road trip. Would he stay energized or feel burned out?
7) They are completely burned out from all these grueling practices.
8) I work with stressed and burned out doctors -- which is 1/3 of physicians worldwide on any given day.
9) How do you personally work to prevent feeling burned out? How does your organization handle empolyee burnout?
10) You're burned out, tired, achy and utterly forgotten by your spouse, kids and dog ...
11) ... is hard to maintain this kind of schedule for years and years and not feel burned out.
12) ... because he moved up the corporate ladder quickly -- and then burned out just as fast.
13) ... who spend their time only taking care of others can be at risk for getting burned out on all the giving, which makes it more difficult to care for others ...
14) Saw many shipyard STE's get burned out and quit.
15) ... is a relentless worker and there's always the fear he could get burned out after just a few seasons.
16) Guys ask me, don't I get burned out? How can you get burned out doing something you love?
17) It's very hard to feel positive about dating if you're burned out. You don't have to deny that you're having a hard time ...
18) ... there are some excellent contributors, but often times they are burned out, busy, and they aren't able to work with the new folks ...
19) I think I'm entitled to relax a little. I damn near burned out trying to get it all done in that short time.
20) I'm kind of burned out on talking about logic instead of just doing it.