"to bury the hatchet"
to agree to forget arguments and disputes in order to become amicable again
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I am so tired of fighting and arguing with you. I don't even remember why we are angry at each other.
Friend 2: Why don't we bury the hatchet?
Friend 1: OK. Let's forget about the past and be best of friends again.
Friend 2: Excellent.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think at this point, we are both going to lose our jobs if we continue with our current animosity. We really need to work together to make this project the best it can be.
Colleague 2: We have said and done some pretty nasty things to each other but you are right. We need to move forward together. Let's bury the hatchet.
Colleague 1: Done. Good. OK, let's see how we can make this project the best ever.
Colleague 2: Your work looks really good but what if we ...
Burying the hatchet can be an exercise in freeing yourself from negativity.
1) I'm willing to bury the hatchet and engage you more civilly if you do likewise.
2) the face but we won't agree with each other so why not bury the hatchet and try to be considerate of each other.
3) The film sees the original members of Status Quo bury the hatchet and plug in their guitars.
4) I have come to the conclusion that it would be better to bury the hatchet and sort it all out and get on with it.
5) But will the housemates be able to bury the hatchet or will they continue to feud and wake up in the wrong bed?
6) If you bury the hatchet, you make peace with someone and stop arguing.
7) True friends know when to bury the hatchet.
8) If we have to wait for Hamas and Fatah to bury the hatchet before the Palestinians can have peace with the Israelis, the Palestinians are going to ...
9) They bond for a bit and seem to at least bury the hatchet, if not cover it up.
10) It is clear that you and the FTB community will not bury the hatchet anytime soon -- what are you trying to accomplish by doing stuff like this?
11) I am all for burying the hatchet and moving this country forward.
12) Democracy can be strengthened by burying the hatchet and not in revenge and retribution.
13) If you will work in co-operation, forgetting the past, burying the hatchet, you are bound to succeed.
14) Levi met with Sarah Palin in June in hopes of burying the hatchet.
15) Have you all not even once considered burying the hatchet?
16) It seemed that Kurtz and Lindsay had buried the hatchet. I saw them talking cordially and apparently they even shook hands.
17) That proved mutually agreeable and the two buried the hatchet live on air.
18) These were the reasons why China and the United States buried the hatchet and came together again.
19) Christopher seems to have buried the hatchet with Rebecca as well.
20) I hope they have buried the hatchet and are back to talking to each other now.