not high quality;
Related words and phrases:
Two businessmen are talking ...
Businessman 1: How was your trip? Was your meeting successful?
Businessman 2: I'm not sure. I think the proposal was well received but I am not sure that I made a good impression.
Businessman 1: Why is that?
Businessman 2: Well, I thought that I'd save a little money at the airport and carry my own luggage instead of hiring a porter.
Businessman 1: I can see how that might not make a very good impression on your clients. Not hiring a porter was a little bush-league of you.
Two football fans are talking ...
Fan 1: Did you see the game last night?
Fan 2: It wasn't very good.
Fan 1: I know what you mean. The quarterback fumbled the ball fourteen times.
Fan 2: That's bush-league.
Being bush-league means that your work is sub-standard.
1) The problem is at Rogers Centre it's all artificial crowd noise, which is bush-league.
2) Let's get real and not look bush-league.
3) At the End of the Street isn't a poorly structured film, but it's bush-league. Its scares are few and far between.
4) The statement "screwing someone at the station" makes it very clear that you are a bush-league hack.
5) This is bush-league, sewage-drenched politics at its very worst.
6) Their trial by fire in China has armored them against the kind of bush-league jiggery-pokery that the fuzzy bunnies in Florida -- myself included -- came up with.
7) They blasted Mitt Romney with an invective that accused the Republican presidential nominee of being a bush-league lightweight on military tactics.
8) Did they really believe that either of those firings would effect a change from the bush-league performances and embarrassing defeats practiced by these stressed and confused players.
9) You're also going to alienate sponsors who will begin to see this as a bush-league, radioactive operation.
10) We are puzzled at the disparity between our own personal experience, and the bush-league plays that seem to be ignored by the coaching staff.
11) Russia captain Andrey Arshavin has officially apologized for the team's bush-league performance at Euro 2012.
12) He followed through later with an earlier promise to go through and review all the Bush-league mechanisms that aren't constitutional
13) I won't have to explain the Bush bumbling, bungling, bush-league blunder in Iraq.
14) Choice rode 1 million kilometres raising $10M in the same fund-raiser. Makes Abbott look bush league in comparison.
15) Show some class; that was bush league leaving the floor before the game ended and not shaking hands.
16) A letter of retraction is not an apology, and the misspelling is just bush league.
17) The fact that it doesn't run 24/7 is not only bush league, but could actually be putting lives at risk.
18) He is bush league and is a disgrace to the game.
19) Whoever designed it should be fired. This type of reporting is absolutely bush league and counterproductive to its intended purpose.
20) I can say something about tenure at first rate vs. bush league (like where I am now) research universities.