"to butt in"
Related words and phrases:
Three colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: It is a tricky situation. There are a number of factors involved and the solution may not be as straightforward as it appears.
Colleague 2: I agree. We need to take a closer look at all the factors involved.
Colleague 3: Sorry. Couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Don't you think that there is really no issue here and that the solution is glaringly simple?
Colleague 1: Excuse me? Did we ask you for your opinion? Please don't butt in to conversations that do not concern you.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Did you see that? That guy just went to the front of the line and forced himself in.
Friend 2: How rude to jump the queue like that.
Stranger: That fellow knows the owner.
Friend 1: Do you mind? This is a private conversation. We did not ask you to butt in.
Butting in to a private conversation is rude.
Butting in to a queue ahead of others in not acceptable social behavior.
1) We were all trying to butt in with the best stories, and it was animated and fun and enjoyable.
2) It's one thing to offer help, it is a completely other to butt in where you don't belong!
3) Frank Sinatra tried to butt in line at the bar and was asked to wait his turn.
4) Spotting my wheelchair, people told Dad and me to butt in line. We tried and got yelled at by a security guard.
5) ... parts that they feel able to do themselves. It's so important not to butt in and help with the parts that they don't want, ...
6) On the other hand, I don't want to butt in where I don't belong.
7) ... key to being a good parent, she insists, is knowing when to butt in and when to back off.
8) ... and they don't know mine. Who am I to butt in with my opinions? No one, that's who.
9) Greetings. Sorry to butt in, but I feel I have a few words I have to say on ...
10) Be patient. If someone speaks slowly resist the temptation to butt in or finish sentences for them, ...
11) Don't just sit there waiting anxiously to butt in, actively listen when someone is talking.
12) No apology necessary, ma'am, you weren't butting in. I consider anything I post as fair game for criticism from anyone.
13) Once you've said your piece, listen to their reply without butting in.
14) ... be wanting to push him away from because he won't want other guys butting in on his territory.
15) I asked for our key over the shoulder of someone checking in, apologising for butting in.
16) ... a grown up man does not butt in others business, ...
17) People will interrupt you all the time and butt in, it really upsets me.
18) ... had now figured out how it was done and he had to butt in to show he knew how it was done.
19) He was shouting at Jheng and this time I just had to butt in and shout back at him.
20) ... but already he must butt in to every conversation I'm having with my hubby or my parents or friends ...