"to get butterflies in your stomach"
to be nervous or excited - often associated with a physical sensation in your stomach
Related words and phrases:
After dating Katrina for almost three years, Joe was ready to propose. Joe made the decision to propose to Katrina three weeks before their three year anniversary. As Joe made the arrangements for the proposal, he started to get butterflies in his stomach. As the day of the proposal came nearer and nearer, Joe's nervousness became greater. He was feeling incredible butterflies in his stomach.
Today is the day of the big symposium. Alexandra had been working on a very important new discovery in medicine. Today, Alexandra is to announce to the world that she has found a cure for cancer. It is five minutes before Alex's turn to speak at the symposium.
Do you think that Alexandra is feeling butterflies in her stomach?
Getting butterflies in your stomach is a sign of nervousness.
Having butterflies in your stomach is a normal reaction to a stressful situation.
Feeling butterflies in your stomach is not pleasant.
1) I get butterflies in my stomach before every performance.
2) You get butterflies in your stomach before final exams.
3) He gets butterflies in his stomach when he goes to the dentist.
4) She gets butterflies in her stomach when a big shoe sale is announced.
5) We get butterflies in our stomachs before championship games.
6) You (all) get butterflies in your stomachs when you (all) have to speak in public.
7) They get butterflies in their stomachs when a corporate downsizing is announced.
8) I used to have butterflies in my stomach when asked to make a presentation.
9) I was seventeen when I started at Acme, so even the butterflies in my stomach were edgy as I approached the door for the first time.
10) When I think about being done school and off in the working world I get butterflies in my stomach.
11) I still get excited about the getting ready. I still get butterflies in my stomach.
12) If something feels wrong, it probably is. Trust the butterflies in your stomach.
13) One day, you'll realise you have butterflies in your stomach, and you're feeling slightly giddy over another person.
14) Change is difficult for everyone. How can we get those niggling butterflies in your stomach to flutter in harmony instead of discourse?
15) It's perfectly normal to have butterflies in the stomach, especially if plenty of eyes will be on you.
16) Gone are those days when debut ants had butterflies in the stomach before their big release.
17) Leave a heartwarming note that will definitely bring out the butterflies in her stomach.
18) Folu clearly prefers stability to butterflies in her stomach.
19) His returned affection eased the butterflies in her stomach.
20) The 37-year-old admits still having butterflies in his stomach while reaching out to new prospective clients.