"by a country mile"
by a large amount;
by a great distance
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Well? How is the new system stacking up against the old one?
Colleague 2: No contest. The new system is faster by a country mile.
Colleague 1: How much faster?
Colleague 2: At least three times as fast.
Colleague 1: Wow. That is considerable. I guess it was a good investment.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: Have you received all the estimates on the kitchen remodel yet?
Wife: I have. The clear winner is Kitchens 'R' Us. They definitely submitted the lowest bid by a country mile.
Husband: How much lower?
Wife: About four thousand dollars lower than the nearest competition.
Husband: I would wonder about quality if the bid is that much lower than the others.
There is no gerund form for by a country mile.
1) The whole team is surpassing expectations by a country mile. They have gone well beyond that in terms of ...
2) The media is missing this thing by a country mile: they see few obvious signs of rebellion and assume that the Tea Party is ...
3) I had fun. Esme is the highlight, of course. By a country mile. I'm in love.
4) ... this is only half the truth. It misses by a country mile the intensely social nature of our species.
5) ... had a handful of ingenious ideas, my execution and timing was off by a country mile and I didn't always know how to explain things, ...
6) The Chinese can match the Italians on quality, yet beat them by a country mile on cost.
7) Today was not a great day, but it beats her bad days by a country mile.
8) Missed the point by a country mile. Missed the whole concept.
9) ... where the "audit" discovered the initial count was off by a country mile.
10) But for me, it's been the best year of my career by a country mile. So why I would look back on that negatively now would be silly because ...
11) No instant messaging, no apps, no calendar syncing. Not a smartphone by a country mile.
12) Louis tells Jahmene that this was the vocal performance of the night by a country mile, and that he's a world-class recording artist who is going to the final ...
13) It was the best week of my tennis life by a country mile and it was the biggest win of my life.
14) ... and he's the best English goalkeeper by a country mile, no question.
15) It's been the best year of my career by a country mile and I've achieved things I've never done before.
16) Its definitely by far the best handheld gaming out there by a country mile.
17) This year he has been the best driver by a country mile. Getting the max result out of each race ...
18) One drunken clown even spat in our direction, though he missed by a country mile.
19) I was out in the lead. Winning by a country mile. Until I ground to a dead halt. An absolute dead stop.
20) ... the bike hire scheme broke all records by a country mile, 46,000 people on a single day, I believe