"by hook or by crook"
to obtain an objective by any means necessary
Related words and phrases:
Two office workers are talking during their coffee break ...
Worker 1: I heard that you won a free vacation.
Worker 2: I did! How awesome is that? The only problem is that I need to get time off work to be able to take the vacation.
Worker 1: That could be difficult. You know how strict the boss is.
Worker 2: I'll get the time off work by hook or by crook.
Worker 1: What do you mean?
Worker 2: I'll beg the boss. I'll pay someone to cover my work. Maybe I can take a leave of absence. I'll quit my job if I have to.
Worker 1: Wow! That's pretty extreme. Good Luck!
Two friends are chatting about one of the friend's girlfriend ...
Friend 1: I see you are getting pretty serious about Nancy.
Friend 2: Yes. I am very much in love with her. I think I'm going to ask her to marry me.
Friend 1: Does Nancy know how serious you are? Do you think she will marry you?
Friend 2: Well, I know she is the one for me. I will get her to marry me by hook or by crook.
Friend 1: Sounds like you will do whatever is necessary to marry Nancy.
Friend 2: Absolutely!
Getting something by hook or by crook can mean that you do things you may not be proud of later.
1) I get the job done by hook or by crook.
2) You find a way to manage the house by hook or by crook.
3) He always wins games by hook or by crook.
4) She finds time, by hook or by crook, to go shopping.
5) The government passes important laws by hook or by crook.
6) We finish our reports on time by hook or by crook.
7) You (all) arrive to important meetings on time by hook or by crook.
8) They leave the house every morning at 6 a.m. by hook or by crook.
9) As a rule, they will try and do that by hook or by crook -- and hardly ever think of the consequences that will follow.
10) So long as the team manage, by hook or by crook, to scramble a top four finish we'll never see the end of this.
11) The rest were determined, by hook or by crook, to watch their hero Murray take on SW19's other adopted son Roger Federer.
12) In the end by hook or by crook your baby is going to come out, and probably with no lasting damage.
13) By hook or by crook, cycling wont change unless we get wholesale change at the very top.
14) Anyway by hook or by crook We got the battery to Canadian Tire.
15) The Lisbon treaty will go forward by hook or by crook, we all know that.
16) I think he'll persevere and hopefully by hook or by crook we'll qualify again for Europe.
17) Above all they were equipped with the certainty that by hook or by crook they would reach their destination
18) They have been out to get President Obama by hook or by crook.
19) It will happen by hook or by crook.
20) I knew that by hook or by crook, I had to go check it out.