"by the way"
an expression used to casually introduce new information;
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking on the telephone ...
Mother: Listen. I'm going to be a little late getting away from work today. Could you please pick the kids up from soccer practice?
Father: Sure, no problem.
Mother: Oh, and by the way, Tommy will need a ride as well.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think we are all ready to go with our presentation. The meeting room is all arranged as we planned. The coffee and snacks are ready. I've checked out the audio-visual equipment and I've printed the handouts.
Colleague 2: Great. Good work.
Colleague 1: Oh, by the way, I changed the graphic on slide four. Could you take a look, please?
Colleague 2: No problem.
There is no gerund form for by the way.
1) Money, by the way, is not wealth; money is a method for denominating wealth.
2) ... done the damage he could with the ridiculous and unconstitutional CFR. And by the way, hasn't that had the exact effect critics predicted?
3) My brother goes to UST, by the way.
4) By the way, 92% of statistics are made up by 3% of the population, 84% of ...
5) For all I know prices may crash next year. # By the way, in this blog I have absolutely no interest in giving investment advice.
6) ... issue didn't result in a constitutional court case (more evidence, by the way, that judicial review wasn't much in the air).
7) ... that includes nearly 7 million American Muslims in our country today who, by the way, enjoy incomes and educational levels that are higher than the American average.
8) ... whose help it will need as a strategic counterweight and, by the way, as a force to patrol seas more distant than the Mediterranean and the North ...
9) ... the latest Wikileaks bonanza -- it is the mother of all leaks, by the way.
10) I need to start learning how to sew first though. By the way, I am also a blogger and I'll be featuring you on my blog ...
11) I don't know about every day, by the way, Sally, that we're getting better and better.
12) I will take it with the good and bad. By the way, I am an executive and I am unemployed. I was laid off.
13) ... reimburse everyone. That's almost a quarter of a million US dollars by the way.
14) ... forced to wait up to seven hours to vote on Election Day. By the way, that's the mark of failing state, not a thriving democracy.
15) ... back to you. Customer: I promise to do just that. By the way, what's your name?
16) The above short story, by the way, has been adapted into an episode of The Twilight Zone.
17) By the way, have you experimented with Feedblitz or any other alternative to Feedburner?
18) ... that Chris's post struck a HUGE chord with me. I, by the way, am a 29-year-old chick who sleeps with a teddy bear.
19) This, by the way, is why you need to introduce into your diet the power food that is ...
20) John Nack has some data from Adobe: By the way, in the spirit of sharing info where public, I'll note that we ...