"came out wrong"
the meaning of the words which came out of one's mouth was not the meaning intended
Related words and phrases:
A couple are preparing to go to a dinner party at the wife's boss's house ...
Wife: Do I look fat in this outfit? I want to look really good at the dinner party.
Husband: I've seen your co-workers. Lots of them are fatter than you.
Wife: Pardon me?
Husband: Sorry. That came out wrong. What I meant to say is that you look amazingly trim and fit in that outfit.
Wife: That's what I thought you said.
Two friends are playing a trivia game ...
Friend 1: OK. Here's the next question. How many days are there in a week.
Friend 2: I know this one. There are seven weeks in a day.
Friend 1: Sorry, that's not correct.
Friend 2: Wait a minute, it came out wrong. Of course, there's seven days in a week.
There is no gerund form for came out wrong.
1) ... end in silence, or it may end in an awkward " That came out wrong " moment where you really regret bringing the situation up at all.
2) ... my hands had to pause to catch up with my excitement... that came out wrong. Regardless of any awkward images that might have ensued from that last analogy ...
3) ... that what he was trying to say came out wrong.
4) I was talking about the trade deadline in general and it came out wrong.
5) What kind of guys do you talk about? Ha ha, that came out wrong.
6) ... wanted to encourage her to cook for her baby, but it all came out wrong and what I did instead was send her a threat?
7) If I seemed to be attacking you or offending you, my point came out wrong.
8) Unfortunately, in isolation, what he said came out wrong, or rather, could be interpreted in a different way to what he intended.
9) I'd intended it the other way around but it came out wrong.
10) I was trying to apologize but it came out wrong.
11) ... was getting is not what they meant to say, or that it came out wrong? Yes, breakdown in communication can leave your relationship on shaky ground.
12) ... that you're sorry about that day that you meant to help, it just came out wrong and that you really love him and that he would do anything for him and ...
13) ... wrong things, didn't say things the right way, or they came out wrong, etc.), and then gets denied, was it really worth the ...
14) Also he can punish me any time. That came out wrong. But you (will) know what I mean.
15) I love babies. Wait... that came out wrong. What I meant to say is that babies terrify me. Nope, also ...
16) I thought I had something to say. What I said just came out wrong. What I meant to say is I want you to be here, be my ...
17) Lezlie, my comment came out wrong. I'm not sad that I lost the friends, but that people I ...
18) ... me sitting on the toilet in my bathroom again! Wait, that came out wrong. LOL! We used black and white mosaic tile on our floor in our ...
19) ... , that post above was meant to be copy and pasted but it came out wrong.
20) But because he's not that close to her, it just came out wrong.