"can't believe your ears"
an expression used to express complete disbelief, surprise or anger with something you have heard
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Can you really believe what the boss is telling us?
Colleague 2: Sorry, I just can't believe my ears.
Colleague 1: Right? There is no way that the company can expect us to take a fifteen percent pay cut.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I was talking to Edgar the other day and he told me that he had been at the mall when he thought he had heard our old friend Charlie singing.
Friend 2: We haven't seen Charlie for years and years.
Friend 1: That's why Edgar told me that he couldn't believe his ears. There was no way Charlie was a singer but there he was on stage at the mall.
There is no gerund form for can't believe your ears.
1) ... he was a child -- noble William's son! I can't believe my ears!
2) Can't believe my ears. My dad's at serious risk and they're refusing him basic care.
3) I noted it carefully because I could not believe my ears.
4) I heard what you said. I just can't quite believe my ears. Pacey: Is there anything essentially untrue about that statement?
5) I still can't believe my ears; I simply can not fathom that a former cabinet member ...
6) You're jokin', you're jokin'. I can't believe my ears. Would someone shut this fellow up?
7) No, I just can't believe my ears. We are really going to get married.
8) Whoa, ho, whoa! I can't believe my ears. A lot of hostility! Papa got a lot of anger!
9) Tom couldn't believe his ears. He checked it out with two close friends.
10) Damocles did not believe his ears. He thought that the king was jesting.
11) At first he did not believe his ears, because he could not imagine that any human being could exist in this forbidding ...
12) The young man who could not believe his ears, found that the boy was in earnest.
13) He could not believe his ears as his eyes shone brighter than the October 3rd constellation.
14) He could not believe his ears when, leading up to his summons, the tax man demanded he should pay ...
15) Jake couldn't believe his ears! He had a job! He finally had a job!
16) Dan could not believe his ears. He had just hit the jackpot.
17) Julie could hardly believe her ears. She had never seen such a display of industry from her son.
18) ... could not believe her ears when she got the call from Stanford to say they had won.
19) The jilted lover could not believe her ears, but she was smart enough not to raise hell immediately.
20) Everyone was listening intently, and no one could believe their ears. Exclamations erupted: "He's not going?"