"cash on the nail"
immediate payment in cash (money)
Related words and phrases:
A man is paying for his purchases at the register of a bulk foods store ...
Cashier: That'll be $123.50, please.
Man: Here's my credit card.
Cashier: I'm sorry sir, but we don't accept credit cards. It's cash on the nail only.
A woman is shopping for some fruit at a street market ...
Woman: How much for the pineapples, please?
Seller: They are $3.00 each.
Woman: I'll take three, please.
Seller: That'll be $9.00.
Woman: Here's my credit card.
Seller: Sorry ma'am. All purchases are cash on the nail.
Paying cash on the nail means that you can take your purchase immediately.
1) They simply grabbed the cash on the nail and made a run for the door.
2) You have to be willing to take yourself seriously and demand cash on the nail.
3) God knows what. Bought wheat at $1.67 a bushel, cash on the nail.
4) They're getting a lot of cash on the nail for bringing in a partner.
5) It's a means of beefing up the bottom line with cash on the nail transactions that require no mucking about with nasty insurance forms.
6) Rule #1: if you can't pay cash on the nail, wait until you can.
7) From now on in, they want cash on the nail for any goods ordered.
8) Everyone accepts the concept of' cash on the nail at the pub.
9) If you want a discount, you must pay cash on the nail.
10) I can't figure out a way to make money with off-track betting, a cash-on-the-nail, book-making business.
11) The company has paid the Department of Justice its bounty of which more than $9 billion is cash on the nail.
12) Psst! Cash On The nail For Moving Jobs To Ireland. (News headline)
13) That’ll be cash on the nail son you can make your choice you’re twenty one. No money down, no credit plan, no time to chase you cause I’m a busy man
14) Under Obamacare, Health Insurers Want Cash On The Nail.
15) What do you suppose has happened to the idea of "cash on the nail"?
16) No credit allowed as terms are cash on the nail.
17) In most cases, you will be get a cash on the nail offer for your property.
18) If you are a patient willing to pay cash on the nail, chances are you will pay less than insured rates.
19) For a freelance writer, it's always cash on the nail - no credit cards given.
20) Cash on the nail is money in your pocket, now!