"to catch someone at a bad time"
to try to speak or interact with someone at a time that is inconvenient for that person
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What is it? What do you want?
Colleague 2: Sorry. Am I catching you at a bad time? I just have a quick question.
Colleague 1: Sorry to be so short. I have a million things on the go and a plane to catch in a couple of hours. How can I help?
Colleague 2: It is not urgent. I will talk to you when you get back.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: I have been really struggling with this term paper. I think I need to ask the professor for an extension on the deadline.
Student 2: Make sure that you do not catch the professor at a bad time. Your extension will surely be denied.
Student 1: When is a good time?
Student 2: Right after lunch on Thursday. The cafeteria serves the professor's favorite meal and she is happy after that.
Catching the teacher at a bad time, the students extension request was denied.
1) ... very difficult time. When I got the phone call from the reporter, he caught me at a bad time.
2) I'm so angry with myself because he probably caught me at a bad time in my life you know.
3) You're less likely to catch them at a bad time when you text, because there is not the assumption that you must respond the minute you receive ...
4) Sometimes you'll catch someone at a bad time, and no matter how great your email is, he'll forget he ever got it by the time he gets out of a day ...
5) It's aggravating to think that you might just catch your boss at a bad time, and that if you'd chosen a different time of day or week, you might have ...
6) I'm not fearful that the Black Hats are any better than us; they may catch us unprepared, or at a bad moment in time -- I don't trivialize them -- but ...
7) Older friends, however, know they've likely just caught you at a bad time. They also know that you are one heck of a good friend.
8) ... some extra money, then I must have caught this group at a bad time, because the members played to an empty room — on a Saturday night.
9) The Croatian move caught him at a bad time - at the height of his campaign for the 24 April parliamentary election.
10) CC copped to making a bad decision and added, "They caught me at a bad time." He also said the hecklers got "a little bit" personal with their ...
11) The oil price collapse has caught Santos at a bad time with its debt expected to peak around $9 billion as the value of many of its productive ...
12) And though her Second Life avatar, Caliandris Pendragon, is cool and calm, I've caught her at a bad time. “I'm moving house,” she explains.
13) It's kind of been going on since middle school and you just caught me at a bad time.
14) Maybe you caught him at a bad time though. Englund was all class when I met him in Atlanta.
15) According to witnesses, Robles caught the shark at a bad time. It had been fighting to escape a fisherman's hook for about half an hour when ...
16) But he's catching Jesse at a bad time. Using his powers, Jesse threatens to kill him.
17) We're catching Oklahoma at a bad time. “It's a showdown, no question about it. Quite honestly, Ohio State is awfully young but very talented."
18) “Bob, am I catching you at a bad time?” If they say yes, great. “How does 3 PM on Tuesday work for you? No? How about 10 AM on Friday?"
19) The Bruins are catching the Blues at a pretty bad time given the situation they're in. That said, a win for Boston would be huge here.
20) I feel like people always ask if they are catching me at a bad time, and I'm afraid to admit I forgot I had an interview scheduled.