"to catch someone's fancy"
to be appealing or pleasant to someone;
to be intriguing or of interest to someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Is the boss not in today?
Colleague 2: He is at another management seminar.
Colleague 1: Oh no! Do you remember what happened the last time he came back from a management seminar?
Colleague 2: Yes. Some new management strategy caught his fancy and he was very eager and excited to implement the new strategy.
Colleague 1: So you know what we have to look forward to, right?
Colleague 2: Yes. Whatever new strategy he finds appealing this time.
A couple are dining in a restaurant ...
Husband: What looks good to you?
Wife: The poached salmon with dill sauce looks quite interesting.
Husband: I thought that might catch your fancy. Is that what you are having?
Wife: Yes. I think I will.
Catching my fancy, I was intrigued with the new gadget and needed to buy it.
1) The new electronic media had caught our fancy and we all rushed to keep up with all the developments in this new ...
2) For once there was something on offer that had caught our fancy and the weather was glorious. So we jumped in a taxi and asked to ...
3) William was an interesting youth who caught the fancy of Elizabeth, which may explain why she assisted him in consummating the love he ...
4) ... as the most simple peasant, chose out the woman or girl who caught his fancy, and took her to wife, converting her by force to Islam.
5) ... much more from that one piece of metal furniture in your bedroom that caught your fancy enough for you to purchase.
6) I went touring around the area looking at things that caught my fancy, one of which was a huge ferris wheel that I found out was named ...
7) The only piece of research that has caught my fancy was something in the journal Psychological Science saying that sportsmen can boost performance by wearing ...
8) You buy whatever catches your fancy and you thank yourself you had the blessed credit cards.
9) ... they are supposed to have and become advocates for whatever political fad catches their fancy.
10) It's a ragtag assortment of bits and bobs, anything that catches my fancy really.
11) ... browse into any required windows on the website and check out anything that catches their fancy.
12) They'll steal whatever catches their fancy, and then sell it and use the money to buy alcohol or drugs.
13) Don't worry if more than one of the above devices catches your fancy, multiple selections are allowed!
14) ... and arrange flowers, foliage, branches, rocks and anything else that catches their fancy to create objects of beauty.
15) I've got something I think will catch your investigative fancy.
16) Time and time again I feature pumps, flats, and wedges that catch my fancy filling up the imaginary designer shoe closest I keep in my dreams.
17) If you do, there may be titles that catch your fancy. Open those pages, and read on.
18) ... so if none of these catch your fancy, keep checking!
19) Date others or at least meet a few interesting dating potentials that catch your fancy.
20) Will this sleek smartphone be able to catch the fancy of Indian consumers?