someone who talks a lot usually happily and in an animated fashion
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Wow, Amy sure has opened up since she became a new mom.
Friend 2: What do you mean?
Friend 1: Before Amy was a mother, she would barely say a word. She would just sit quietly by herself. Now she talks and talks and seems so happy.
Friend 2: You're right. Amy has become a bit of a chatterbox.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I'm having a bit of a problem with Alex.
Colleague 2: Alex is a nice guy. What's the problem?
Colleague 1: Alex likes to talk and talk and I need to get my work done and I don't know how to tell him to stop talking.
Colleague 2: It's easy to deal with a chatterbox. Just be direct and polite and explain that you appreciate talking to him but that you have work to do.
Colleague 1: Thanks.
Being a chatterbox, you probably are not a good listener.
1) She was a chatterbox and on that particular morning she was chatting to someone for over an hour.
2) I'm a chatterbox, who finds silence awkward.
3) Plume is cheerful and vivacious, a real chatterbox.
4) Shakespeare's Henry V was a regular chatterbox as a reckless boy, but as king he became very economical with his words.
5) Diaz especially proved to be a chatterbox with no fear of confronting awkward conversation topics.
6) A London cab driver picked up a lady who was a notorious chatterbox. He did not want to engage in conversation, so he pretended to be ...
7) I remember Amy as a lively chatterbox who adored dancing and who had lots of lovely friends.
8) She was a chatterbox and was always smiling, even after a night shift when everyone else was a ...
9) Give your chatterbox a head start on good speech patterns by repeating his words back to him using ...
10) No one likes a chatterbox. When we're nervous, we all tend to ramble on, but overpowering ...
11) Don't be annoying, a chatterbox, pushy, over the top dramatic, or fake.
12) But the woman, Beth, who runs a kennel, is such a chatterbox that he doesn't get the chance to tell her his story.
13) Experts agree the best way handle a chatterbox is to be direct.
14) ... thought it was quite an achievement that she'd finally been able to give her chatterbox mouth a rest and let the guy have his turn.
15) Always in my school reports the teachers wrote being a 'chatterbox in class' and hence the need to quieten down so as to not ...
16) Bone was calm and reserved, PC Hughes was "bubbly" and a "chatterbox".
17) ... but I have so much to say on my own (yeah I'm a chatterbox) that I fill my blog that way.
18) ... abroad improved my confidence to no end and a formerly shy girl came back a chatterbox.
19) She can be a chatterbox at home-but in any situation when she is on her own she can shut down.
20) Dealing with a chatterbox friend may try your patience. Here's how to tell her to shut up.