"to clap eyes on"
to look at;
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Can you give me hand with this report?
Colleague 2: Which one?
Colleague 1: This one.
Colleague 2: I've never clapped eyes on that report before. How can I help?
Colleague 1: I suppose that if you have never seen the report, you can't help. Thanks anyways.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you seen Elliot lately?
Friend 2: I saw him the other day, why?
Friend 1: Well, since I lent him a hundred dollars and he hasn't paid me back, he has been avoiding me.
Friend 2: Poor Elliot when you clap eyes on him.
Friend 1: Indeed. I'm going to berate him severely.
Clapping eyes on the document he was looking for, he sighed in relief.
1) It was what we all expected the Wii Remote to do when we first clapped eyes on Nintendo's concept trailer.
2) It was the first time he had clapped eyes on her since college.
3) As the story goes, Broadwell and Petraeus first clapped eyes on each other in 2006.
4) To date, those two men are the only human beings who have clapped eyes on the Mariana Trench sea floor.
5) He has not clapped eyes on her in over a decade, her exact whereabouts unknown to him.
6) I knew Obama was a dishonest person when I first clapped eyes on him.
7) Then the realization did come, and the second I clapped eyes on it, my stomach fell. I knew what I saw and did ...
8) All I know is that from the moment I clapped eyes on her, she was my Judy.
9) I wasn't a dog or cat person until I clapped eyes on my fluff pup!
10) It looked much different when I first clapped eyes on it than it does now.
11) ... also has the ability to make people fall in love with him the moment they clap eyes on him.
12) So, more people than I will ever actually physically clap eyes on in my entire lifetime have access to more information about me ...
13) After much impatient waiting, wish-listing and rumour-mongering, now comes the time to clap eyes on the real deal.
14) His beautiful smile will win your heart the minute you clap eyes on him.
15) Some companies use an online screening tool to assess candidates before they clap eyes on the candidate or their resume.
16) All will pale by comparison after you finally clap eyes on Peter Jackson's visionary masterpiece.
17) There are few words one can use when you first clap eyes on Yasawa Island Resort and it's beach.
18) We are most fortunate that we have even the opportunity to clap eyes on Buddha and the blessings to have Rinpoche teach us, ...
19) ... just one of the many integrated design features that make this vehicle so exciting to clap eyes on.
20) It was like the inner children in us resurrected as soon as we clap eyes on our favorite movie characters from Kung Fu Panda.