"to climb the walls"
to be very agitated, anxious, bored, frustrated or excited
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I am climbing the walls waiting to hear if I got the promotion.
Colleague 2: No sense in over-stressing yourself. Here, sit down and relax for a minute.
Colleague 1: I can't relax now. I think I will take a walk and see if that will relieve some of this anxiety.
Two teachers are talking ...
Teacher 1: Well, we made it lunchtime on the last day of school. How are things going in your classroom?
Teacher 2: Crazy. The children are so excited that school is over for another year, I can't keep them in their seats.
Teacher 1: Mine are climbing the walls, too.
Teacher 2: I guess we just have to try to find things to keep them busy. It is almost over.
Climbing the walls with worry, the parents waited for news of their lost child.
1) ... and could not believe how socially isolating dissertating was. I was literally climbing the walls, and finally escaped via a part-time job, which ultimately led to the creation ...
2) ... and one day into a four day weekend, the children are climbing the walls. Pity me!
3) However quite clearly, if a person is climbing the walls and genuinely experiencing hallucinations (or similar) and can't be reasoned with in ...
4) ... work so it will be a short adventure, but we are both climbing the walls - we are so excited!
5) ... been in the same PJ's for three days and the kids are climbing the walls with cabin fever.
6) At first they were sugar-crazed maniacs climbing the walls and running around their desks.
7) ... think I'll be off a year, I think I'll be climbing the walls after a few weeks at home.
8) ... worrying, followed by tears. Pathetic! At least I wasn't climbing the walls in pain, but do you know what annoyed me?
9) ... always thought that when the time came I would be totally terrified - climbing the walls - but no, here I am calmly taping this for you.
10) It is helping, and it keeps me sane when I feel like climbing the walls.
11) Every so often I start to climb the walls being in isolation just wanting to break free, ...
12) ... how weird I felt, feeling like I was about to climb the walls and I swear I was just about to wear my floor boards out through pacing ...
13) When I hear these stories, I want to climb the walls with anger and frustration.
14) I heard daddy tell mommy that he would climb the walls if you came to visit us again.
15) One day is a drag, a week of it and you're climbing the walls.
16) ... find a suitable rental property -- but within a week we were already climbing the walls and the pressure was really on me to find a flat somewhere - anywhere!
17) ... without him, I would have been climbing the walls with worry.
18) ... delighted with the results... until the anaesthetic wore off. I was climbing the walls in pain, and had to return the next day for an emergency appointment.
19) By the time I had read this snippet of information I was climbing the walls with apprehension and I felt like yelling!
20) Two hours in the same room with this student climbing the walls is a long time for the both of you.